Chapter 14.

Zara's POV.

"You know what? I'm just sick of you! And I want this divorce as soon as possible. "

Dad?

" Please don't shout like that, Zara is in there. ", Mom pleaded.

I quickly put on my clothes and rushed outside.

"Dad?"

"Zara! My baby how are you?", he smiled and walked towards me to hug me, acting as if nothing has happened.

"Don't. ", I said to him, placing my hand in front, stopping him.

I'm just really angry at Dad. How can he do this? Even though he's my father, and there's no denying the fact that I love him, I just don't feel like being polite to him right now.

I know he loves me, he really does, but what he is doing with Mom is not acceptable for me.

Dad stopped a few inches from me, shocked at my reaction.

I hadn't been looking at him till now, but I lifted up my head and shot him a glare. I hate to be rude to Dad, but I have to do this. I have to do this for Mom.

"What is the matter with you Dad? How can you do this to Mom? She loves you so much! She has spent her entire life loving you with all her heart, and this is what you're giving to her in return? ", I almost shouted.

I looked behind him and saw tears welling up in Mom's eyes.

" Dear.. ", Dad tried to calm me down but I cut him off.

" Please don't come up saying that you love me and all that. I know that already. I have to talk about you and Mom right now. You know what? She has been crying her eyes out since so many days. She doesn't eat properly. She rarely smiles. She cries herself to sleep every night, I saw that yesterday. And you know what's the reason behind it? You! You are the reason behind all her tears. She loves you too much to forget you and just get divorced and move on.  And I also know why she agreed to get divorced, only because she wants to see you happy. Why can't you see all this? Why Dad? ", I almost cried.

" Zara, please don't. ", Mom told me, crying.

" No Mom! I won't stop. Give me a damn answer Dad! Why are you doing this to her? ", I shouted at his face.

Dad didn't say a word. He looked to the ground, but I didn't see guilt in his eyes. Maybe it was just that he didn't want to ruin our relationship, that he didn't argue with me.

" Are you going to speak up? ", I asked him once again, in a calmer town.

" Zara, I'm sorry for doing all this, but I just don't feel the same way for her now! I don't know! We don't have that compatibility you know..like the one I have with Shelly right now.. I know you must be thinking how after so many years of marriage I'm saying this, but things are not the same anymore dear, maybe it was my not living with her most of the time that led to this. I love Shelly and she loves me too! I'm sorry dear, but I have to do this. "

How can he say those things? They are now compatible?

" Okay, and you don't see how much Mom has put into your relationship? You don't see it right? ", I asked him, while walking to Mom, and sitting beside her.

Once again, Dad stayed quite. Why doesn't he speak up?

" Dad, I'm sorry for being so rude to you, but you can't do this Mom. ", I said, realising I had been way too rude to him.

" I have to.. ", Dad said in a low voice.

Anger boiled inside me once again.

Mom cried, covering her face in her hands. She is broken inside, way too much.