"Your friend Judith no dey around o. She been get scholarship for city." My jaw dropped a bit, reminding me of the cold hard reality.

"Ma'am," I gulped down as I looked at my parents, before facing Judith's. "Um..... How do I say this?" I whispered the last part to myself.

T held my hands in place, and decided to help me out. "I'm a student of Blossom High, same school Judith told you about."

Judith's mum chirped at that information. "That means you've seen her na."

T shook her head sadly. "Didn't get to meet her." As if Judith's mum was sensing something uncomfortable, she began to gaze at us in a confused manner. T decided to speak on, regardless. "Since the founding of Blossom High School, there haven't been a scholarship program. Blossom High, do not give out scholarships."

Judith's dad began to slap his lap all of a sudden. "I knew it! I knew that girl was nothing but a liar. Bikonu, I'll kill that girl with my bare hands whenever I see her."

"Abeg, una know why she go city?" Unlike Judith's dad, the mum was anxious to know about the whereabouts of Judith.

"To help me," With the help of T, I could muster little courage to speak up. "I called her to move over to the city, so she could help me. Judith knew I was alive and so, my biological parents helped with her tuition."

"Why she no come Follow you? Abi she don disown her mama and papa?" Judith's mum asked the question. "And who been tell you say these people na your actual parents?"

I stare down at my fingers, since I couldn't look at Judith's parents in the eye. "Judith..... Judith died saving me."

"Die gini?!" Exclaimed Judith's mum, not really comprehending the fact. "Gini bu__"

"I was getting stalk by someone," I unintentionally, cut Judith's mum short. "During the school dance, I wanted to meet the person stalking me but Judith insisted__" I stopped as I felt the tears rolling down my eyes. "__She insisted to tag along and to make sure I'd be safe. But when the stalker came after me, Judith ran an... And took the bullet."

"My enemies!" Yelled Judith's mum, as she left the bench and sat on the floor. She threw the chewing gum from her mouth and placed her hands on her head. "My enemies has succeeded in killing me. Judith has killed me o! Judith, you be second Jesus? You be Saint?!"

Judith's mum ran over to me and began to hold my clothes. "Where's Judith? Where's your best friend?!"

I lifted my hands, ready to plead with her but she stopped all of a sudden, when she noticed my bandaged wrist.

"W-Watin do you?" Judith's mum asked, referring to my wrist.

I held the tears trying to escape, as I answered. "The s-stalker came after me and tried to kill me too." I pulled up my baggy Jean, so she could have a look at my leg too.

Judith's mum completely let go of me and just sat on the floor. "You suffered too."

"But not as much as Judith," I tried to show that I wasn't happy with the departure of my best friend. "I could've died, if not for Judith intervening."

My dad finally thought it was time to speak up, as he focused on Judith's parents. "Your child is a hero for saving another person's life, using hers. I wish I could bring her back to life but that isn't in my power. May your daughter's soul rest in perfect peace."

Dad stopped to help Judith's mum, as he placed her back on the bench. "I'll be responsible for her burial and anything that needs to be done. Uyai told me about your status, and I'll like to help your husband by giving him a responsible position in my company. I've gotten a three bedroom flat for the both of you in the city, well furnished. I hope you accept this offer."