°6°

This chapter is dedicated to all my readers. Thanks for the 1k reads on BEING YOU. And thanks to those that are nominating both C.R.U.S.H and THE WRONG GIRL on the Fiction awards. Means a lot.

Above is a picture of Tatiana's home.

Enjoy.

                     ~°~°~°~°~

I sat at the back of Father's car, as he swiftly drove into this expensive looking compound. The compound was so huge and set in the middle, was a very big building.

Dad pulled over and parked his car in the mist of eight different expensive cars. Dad angrily got down from his car, leaving mum and I in it.

Mum turned at the passenger seat to look at me, before getting down. I watched from the window, to see how mum tried to calm dad's rage down.

"I'm so confuse," I muttered to myself. "What has Tatiana done to her people?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat, before getting down from the car. Father swung his body, to glare at me. Who was more scary? The man in front of me, or mother back home?

"You this stupid and stubborn child," Dad's eyes became red, as he pointed his fingers at me. I saved myself, by moving a step backward.

"You won't give me a bad name in this town. First it was__"

"Come on now, Monday." Mother stopped father from saying whatever he wanted to say. "Monday, your daughter just came back from the hospital. Let her go inside and have some rest."

Father tried to even his breath, then took his wife's advice. "Make sure you have all the rest you could think of, cause you're going to school first thing tomorrow morning."

"Eh?!" I blurted out. "Tomorrow?"

"Tatiana, shh." Mother tried to shush me up.

Abeg no dey call me that name?!

I so wish I could say that out loud, but I just couldn't. I wasn't ready to receive a hot slap. Looking at the man in front of me, I was certain he wouldn't hesitate to give me a painful slap as a warning.

"I'll be inside," I mumbled, then walked into the unknown mansion without acknowledging father.

I pushed the double French door, before stepping into a furnished living room.

Man, being rich sure is great.

A chubby looking lady quickly rushed to my side. Before I could blink twice, she started accessing my body.

What is wrong with everyone in this town?

"Tatiana," She gasped, still accessing my body. "Please tell me you're okay."

"I'm fine," I replied dryly. After accessing to see that I've got only minor injuries, she patted me gently on my shoulder.

"You scared the living day light out of everyone." She gave me a pity smile. "The servants were all so worried."

Servants? As in plural?

"You know we're like your family, right?" I nodded my head. I thought it wise to shut up, before I'd say something stupid. "Your room had been cleared and prepared, just the way you like it."

"My room?" I asked as I pointed at my chin and crane my neck forward, out of habit.

"Come on," The lady held my hands and led me up the many stairs. Reaching upstairs, we began to strode down a lobby. Soon, the lady stopped in front of a door. A door which I presumed must be the entrance to Tatiana's room.