°12°

This chapter is dedicated to Cherry2061 who surprised me by sending various covers to my what's App. The covers are amazing dearie.

                    ~°~°~°~°~

              °Jeremiah's POV°

I relaxed at the back seat, as my designated driver drove into the compound once Abdullahi the gate man, opened the gate.

I grasped my black backpack resting beside me and got down from the car, after my driver had parked at my reserved spot.

Abdullahi suddenly rushed towards me and quickly got hold of my backpack like his life depended on it.

"It's fine Abdul," I said to him. "I can carry my own backpack."

"Kai no oga," Abdullahi began to protest. "I know say I tire fpor school. Kai me wan go inside go sleep. So make I help me carry bag reach door."

Arguing with Abdullahi was pointless, cause I couldn't understand half of the words that came out of his mouth. So I let him help me with my backpack, till we arrived at the large door.

"Thank you, Abdul." I had possession of my backpack yet again, before walking into the house.

Not to brag, but my home was the largest in the estate. No one could actually cover the whole place willingly.

Though my home was gigantic, father and mother didn't buy the idea of flooding it with servants.

We had a cook, a cleaner, a body guard, a gate man, a gardener, two designated drivers; one for mum and the other for myself, and a gate man. Dad had decided to let his bodyguard, be his own driver.

I finally arrived at the living room and I was greeted with the sight of mother, giving Benita our cook, some instructions. Upon noticing my arrival, mother dismissed Benita.

"Welcome home, son." Mother walked up to me and patted me on the head, before giving me one of her infamous hugs. "How was school?"

I shrugged, "Different." Both mum and I started our walk into the dinner area.Once in front of the dinner table, I threw my backpack on the table. Which not so surprisingly, earned me a knock on my head by mother. Without thinking twice, I reached for my backpack and placed it on an empty dinner chair.

"What's the occasion?" I asked, as I noticed that everywhere was extra nice today.

"Your uncles are coming," Mother said with a smile plastered on her face.

"Which one?" I enquired, then grasp an apple which was place in a fruit basket, across the table. "Thanks to you and dad, I've got a lot."

"Well, it's more like a get together." Mother chuckled and at the same time, ruffled my hair. "My brother's gonna be here___"

"Uncle Okon?!" I chirped up like some ten years old. Uncle Okon happened to be my favorite uncle of all times.

Mother nodded with a smile. "Your uncles; Bolaji, Bolanle, Gerald, his wife and kids, will all here."

Kids?

"Gosh no mum," I grumbled. "Rachael's gonna be here?"

"Be nice," Mother chuckled. She started getting up from her chair.

"Mother," I stated, indirectly stopping her movement. "Is it advisable to help someone in need, even when you know that by doing that, you'd be lying to the world?"

Mother gaze at me, before sitting back down. "Son," She held my shoulders in a soothing gesture. "First of, ask yourself if it's worth it. Once you know that, you'll know the answers to your questions."