°5°

This chapter is dedicated to my elder sis, Emy_Akpan she had decided to join wattpad 😊😊😊😊 Kindly go over to her profile, and follow her. It'll mean a lot. ❤❤❤❤❤

Above is a pic of Jeremiah.

Enjoy.

                     ~°~°~°~°~

Beep!

Beep!!

Beep!!!

My nose twitched, as I took note of the beeping sound. I tried opening my eyes, but I couldn't. It felt like I was drained out of energy.

I could take note of my surroundings though. I felt like I was in a room, cause I was lying on a - not so comfortable - bed, and the back of my right hand felt like it was receiving drip.

Laying stiffly on the bed, I tried ones more to get my eyes open. I gave a weak smile, as my eyes began to open slowly. The first thing my eyes captured, was the white ceiling above me.

"Tatiana," A voice squealed. "You've finally woken up!" This was the first time I was conscious of the dark chubby woman beside me. She was putting on a very expensive looking lace. She had both hands placed around mine, and her face was too close to mine.

But wait a minute, did she just called me Tatiana? I wasn't Tatiana.

I was Uyai.

"T-Tatiana?" I managed to ask in a very weak voice. If I was here, then where the hell was Tatiana?

"Tatiana sweetheart, your dad is on his way." The woman said to me.

"D-Dad?" I was so confused.

"Tatiana baby, can't you remember anything? Iyami!" The woman exclaimed in a loud voice. "My daughter can't even remember her own mother!"

Feeling panic sip through me, I quickly said. "N-No mother, I do remember you. Just that I was feeling a little headache. My head still aches."

Tatiana's mother, or should I say mother, gently placed my head back on the soft hospital pillow. "Have some rest, I'm sure you need it cause for some reason, your voice sounds deeper. Your dad's on his way."

"Thank you so much, mother." I forced a smile up my lips. Speaking with fluent English was very hard and difficult for me. And pretending to be whom I wasn't, was the worst.

Tatiana owed me big time. But the big question was, where the hell was she?!

                   ~°~°~°~°~

Laying tirelessly on the hospital bed, I let the woman beside me, rub my temple with her soothing hands. Soon, the door to the hospital room swung open and in came a grumpy looking matured man, with big belly and gray bears. He was fat, but not as fat as the woman beside me. And though I wasn't academically smart, I wasn't too stupid to know that the man in front of me, was Tatiana's dad.

Looking close enough, I noticed I had some features from him. I've got his eyes, nose and even, shape of lips. But that doesn't mean this man was my father.

"How's she?" The ma- I mean, Dad's voice boomed with anger. Since I was meant to stay with them till I figure things out, I guess I'd have to start calling them mum and dad. "You this girl, aren't you tired of being a disappointment?!"

I flinched back a little. When has Tatiana ever been a disappointment?

"What the hell where you doing on top of a Lagos highway? Don't you know that that stupid act of yours, could tarnish my image?! You stupid bra__!" The man I was meant to call dad for the time being, sprinted towards me and raised his hands up, ready to slap me.