°53°

This chapter is dedicated to _Leesah_ He/Her words was so sweet.

Enjoy.

                       ~°~°~°~°~

                    °Uyai's POV°

Seating at the back of father's car with T beside me, made me nerve wrecked and filled with so much guilt. Everyone in my current shoes, would've felt the exact same way I was feeling.

I got discharge from the hospital yesterday, but that didn't stop me from going through this decision. I was at the ghetto, currently heading to Judith's home to meet her parents. To be honest, I haven't thought of what to say when I get there.

"Nervous?" T asked all of a sudden, as dad got to the bad road. I nodded.

"I haven't thought of what to say to them," I opened up to T.

"Say what's in your mind, and you'll be just fine." T sighed, staring out the window. "I know it would be hard to take the news of a dead child, but they still have to know the truth."

T was right. Judith's parents had been in the dark for quite sometime now. It was so unfair to them.

After series of directions from me to dad, we arrived at the front of Judith's home. I realized someone was home, even without seeing anyone in sight. At Judith's home, they usually left the outside light on whenever someone is home.

Dad decided we wait inside the car, while he go knock on the door to actually see if someone was home. Mum, T and I, were patient as we watched dad gave a slight knock on the wooden door.

As expected, the main door flew open with Judith's mum making her presence known. Judith's mum blew a gum at dad's face, then kept on chewing like her actions weren't an act of disrespect. I wasn't surprised of her actions. Judith's mum was known has the town's harlot for a reason.

We couldn't listen to dad's words, but dad kept talking to Judith's mum and at the same time, pointed at the car. After few minutes into conversation, dad began to lead Judith's mum towards our car. Dad knocked on the windshield twice, and indicated we should come out.

It was like the guilt in me doubled, as I gulped down the lump in my throat. T wrapped her hands around my fingers and whispered it was all going to be fine. Looking back out the window, I began to doubt T's soothing words. Judith's dad was right beside his wife. I guess he saw it all and decided to come out to check what was going on.

Nonetheless, I couldn't escape reality. So T and I slowly got down from the car, to face Judith's parents.

"Uyai?" Judith's mum asked in bewilderment, both her and her husband, couldn't hide their surprised look. Judith's mum moved her attention to Tatiana. "Uyai?"

Judith's mum was really confused. First, she couldn't tell who's who. Second, she was surprised seeing the dead walking.

"No be she die?" Judith's dad asked, pointing right at T and I.

"Well, we no see her body." Confirmed Judith's mum, before gesturing us to have a seat on the bench. Dad sat with mum, I sat with T, while Judith's parents, sat together.

"Who be Uyai?" Was the first thing Judith's mum asked, once we sat down. I slowly pointed at my jaw, to indicate that I was the one in question. "E-Eh, I for say. This other one fresh pass you."

T laughed, just to ease the tension that was so thick, it could be sliced with a knife. I too wanted to give a fake laugh, but Judith's mum next words, stopped me.