Ch 27: Stress Reliever

Start from the beginning

Charlie tried to make light of the situation by making a day out it by shopping for outfits. They all went out to eat a gourmet lunch at The Mad Cow, then they all headed out to Rosie's Emporium.

As they entered the shop, Rosie came out from the back, followed by gaggle of giggling demoness', her seamstresses. Many of of them gasped and swooned when Alastor flashed his teeth in a wide smile.

"Alastor!" the seamstress exclaimed and crowded around him.

Olivia raised an annoyed brow as she was shoved back from Alastor by the love struck women. They all talked at once about how handsome he was, how long it has been, how they needed to go on a date. Olivia huffed and crossed her arms as Husker and Angel snickered at the situation. Alastor stood there, stock still as the women gussied about him. His eyes flicked back and forth over them, watching their hands intently. He tried to back up a step, but was completely surrounded. Just as Olivia was about to break through, a sweet voice rang out through the front room.

"Alastor! It's been to long!" Rosie's voice boomed over her seamstresses.

"Rosie, my dear!" Alastor walked forward through the women, not paying them any mind, and grasped Rosie's hands. He leaned forward and placed a kiss on each cheek. "There is much to catch up on, but we have come because we need your expertise. Plus, there is someone I would love for you to meet." Alastor motioned behind him.

Olivia's features softened as she walked forward, a small blush on her cheeks and her hands clasped in front of her.

"Rosie, this is the incredible Olivia. She is our star singer at the hotel and her voice is enchanting. You must come see one of her shows!" Alastor praised with a toothy grin.

Olivia's blushed deepened and travelled down her neck. "A-Alastor!" Olivia harshly whispered in embarrassment.

Rosie eyed Olivia up and down before gasping, her hand clapping against her face.

"Is this...?" Rosie pointed to Olivia as she glanced at Alastor, who nodded. "Oh! I have been wanting to meet the girl who stole Alastor's heart!" Rosie grabbed Olivia into tight hug. A chorus of disappointed groans and gasps were heard from the seamstresses in the corner of the shop.

Olivia grunted as she swore some of her ribs cracked. "It's a pleasure to meet you, as well."

Rosie greeted the others and told them to follow her into the back room. She had tea and biscuits on the small table as they sat around it. They explained only what she needed to know about the situation and the urgency. Rosie grinned wide with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"So, you need masquerade outfits in the next two months. The boys will be easy, all you need is one of my suits. The girls though....." Rosie tapped her chin. "I do have some pre-made dresses that we can look through to see if any fit."

Rosie stood and motioned them to follow again. She brought them out into the showroom and signalled the other girls to bring out some of her dresses, all different designs. Some short, some poofy and some elegant. The girls spent two hours trying on different dresses. Angel chose a dark pink cropped suit jacket on top of a long, red satin dress with no straps and a deep slit on one side. His mask was dark red and black with a spiders web that stretched across his face.

Vaggie chose a simple dark grey long evening dress with capped sleeves. Her mask was a grey and white moth design.

Nifty chose a bright pink evening gown with puffy sleeves and a matching mask with swirls on it.

Charlie and Olivia had more difficulty finding an outfit for themselves. Charlie just didn't really feel comfortable in a dress, even if it looked great on her.