Ch 24: Cooking Together

Start from the beginning

Olivia beamed and jumped up, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Oh thank you! I love you!" Olivia kissed him on the cheek over and over again.

Alastor laughed and put her down on the ground. "Alright, alright. Finish these vegetables."

Olivia ran to the aprons and put one on. She then tied up her short hair, bringing it off her neck and she began to work. She was happily cutting the vegetable and Alastor couldn't help the bright smile as he watched her. She hummed and danced in place as she worked. He slowly walked up behind her, wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed the back of her neck. She leaned into his chest, resting the side of her head against his and hummed in satisfaction. He felt tension leave her body as they started to sway to the music.

"Supper will never be done at this rate. You are being distracting." Olivia giggled.

"That's fine. They can starve." Alastor rested his chin on her shoulder. "Not like their gonna starve to death, anyway."

Olivia wiggled out of his grasp, laughing.

"Go, mister. Get cooking." She pointed her knife to the stove.

Alastor chuckled and held is hands up in defence. "Yes, my lady." He bowed and spun to the stove.

It felt so great to be back in the kitchen with him again. Although, it was different at the same time. Now that they were an official couple, there was a different atmosphere in here. It was one she liked, and hoped would last.

"I missed you." Alastor spoke so softly that she almost didn't hear him.

Olivia turned to see his back to her as he cooked. She smiled and walked over to him. She placed a hand on his arm and he turned to her.

"I missed you too."

Olivia leaned up and kissed him as Alastor wrapped an arm around her waist and kissed her back. He pulled his lips away but kept his nose brushed against hers. He locked eyes with her.

"Now who's being the distracting one?" He teased.

She giggled and shoved his shoulder as she went back to the vegetables. The chatted and laughed as they prepared dinner, fitting right back into their usual routine, with some flirty advances from each other added in. An hour later, once supper was almost done, Alastor suggested she leave and come back like she had never been there, unless they wished to be at the receiving end of Charlie's wrath. Olivia giggled and agreed. She took off her apron and kissed him on the cheek as she headed towards the door. Olivia glanced around the hallway before casually strolling down. 20 minutes later, she walked into the dining room and saw Charlie and Vaggie at the table. She smiled at them before four arms wrapped around her and picked her up. She yelped in surprise as Angel swept her up and spun with her towards the table.

"Move it, Doll! I'm starving!" Angel ran to the Table and plopped her down into her seat. Olivia rolled her eyes and smiled. They only had to wait a few minutes when Alastor's little shadows came through the door with food. Alastor sat down next to her and greeted the table. Husker and Niffty came through the door and sat down. The only one who wasn't there was James. Charlie noticed it too.

"Anyone heard from James today?"

"He told me this morning he wasn't feeling well. Though he always looks hot to me." Niffty stared dreamily into the distance with a smirk.

Olivia shook her head at the cyclops. "Hmm, well I hope he's ok. I noticed he has been acting strange lately. Maybe it was because of that."

Charlie nodded in agreement. Husker grunted and stared at Alastor. Alastor stared back and smirked, batting his eyelashes innocently, but Husker knew better. After supper, the girls and Angel took off to talk as Husker stayed behind to reluctantly help with dishes. As they washed, Husker finally spoke.