Ch 15: Formerly Octavia Von Bast

Začít od začátku

Charlie gasped. "You mean you are the one who killed Paul Von Bast? I remember in court, people would talk about how they died, but he never did. He said his death was an embarrassment. What. Did. You. Do?'

Olivia giggled. "Well, I walked up behind him as he was having his evening tea and stuck one of my needles through the back of his throat, watching him bleed out. Then I dragged him outside and strung him up on the front gates. I might have forgotten to give him clothes." Olivia smiled innocently.

Alastor grinned while Angel burst out laughing.

"Wow, Doll. That's amazing. I can't believe you did that!"

Niffty was standing on her seat. "Then what happened?!"

Olivia's smiled grew a little sad. "Well, I said I had two kills to plan. My father was the first, and the second was mine. As I heard the sirens getting closer, I stood on the balcony overlooking the front room with a rope around my neck. When the police burst in to apprehend me, I spread my arms and jumped. Next thing I knew, I woke up in Hell."

Olivia looked around at all the stunned and impressed faces. "And that's the story of me."

Husker whistle low. "Holy shit, Liv."

Charlie had visibly paled. "I don't.....what do you even say after that?"

Olivia shook her head. "I don't want anyone to say anything. As you saw yesterday, I still have many issues to deal with but I'm ok. Really, I am. I just think I need to be distracted tonight."

Alastor placed a hand on his chin inquisitively and looked to Charlie. "I think we might know someone who can help with that."

Charlie perked up and her smile widened. "You mean, we're going to pay May-Belle a visit?"

Angel threw all four of his hands in the air. "Yes, please!!! We haven't seen her in a while!" He turned to Olivia. "Oh, you have to meet May-Belle."

Olivia looked confused. "May-Belle?"

Everyone just smirked, except Husker, who groaned and covered his face.

After supper, everyone made their way to the front doors towards the waiting limo. They were all dressed up for a good night of partying. Charlie stopped Olivia before she exited the building as the others passed them.

"Olivia, thank you for telling us. I know it couldn't have been easy, but I feel like we have grown closer to you, in a way. It makes me so happy that you trust us enough to know your secret."

Olivia blushed. "Thank you, Charlie. I do trust all of you. I just hope you don't all think differently about me."

Charlie cocked her head. "There is absolutely no reason we should. You are still Olivia and thats all that matters. Reginald will get is comeuppance one day, I guarantee it!"

Once in the limo, Charlie couldn't stop bouncing in her seat while Vaggie and Angel rolled their eyes. Husker looked the most miserable, but no one would tell her why. All she would get is an 'you'll see.' They also we're not telling her where they were going, only that they were on their way to see May-Belle. Olivia sat next to Alastor. She leaned close to him.

"So is anyone going to tell me where we're going?"

Alastor grinned. "You will find out. Trust me, it's worth the wait."

Olivia smiled and nodded. "If you say so."

About a 20 minute drive later, they pulled up in front of a rundown looking barn on the outskirts of the city. Lights and music poured out from the open windows. A security guard stood at the front door. The group got out and walked up to him. He glanced a bored look across the group until he landed on Alastor and his eyes widened. He then stood to the side and let them through. As they entered the hallway, rhythm and blues surrounded her senses. They came into the open area of the building and the scene was crazy. About 40 demons dancing and swinging to the booming voice of a large cow demon on stage. She looked about in her 50s and had long, wavy blonde hair, dark brown skin and dazzling gold eyes. She belted out note after note, her long gown flowing around her. Her voice was deep and hypnotic. To the left of the room was a buffet filled to the brim with food and drinks. Lights flashed and streamed everywhere, making this almost look like a rave.