Ch 9: A Dance Moving Forward

Beginne am Anfang

The ladies' choice, ladies' choice, the ladies' choice

Hey little girl looking for a sale

And test drive this American male

Test drive this American male

It's gonna take cash to fill my tank

Gonna take cash to fill my tank

So let's crack open your piggy bank

Let's crack open your piggy bank

Alastor placed his hands on Olivia's waist and lifted her high in the air, her legs going above her head and kicking wildly as she squealed in pure joy.

Hey little girl, you're window shopping

I got somethings traffic stopping

Hey little girl on a spending spree

I don't come cheap but the kisses come free

Closer inspection, I'm sure that you'll agree

I'm the ladies' choice, ladies' choice, ladies' choice

Olivia and Alastor stood side by side as they danced, the others making room and cheering them on. The audience clapped in time with the music as they watched the pair be completely synchronized in their movements. Then Alastor grabbed her hand and spun her over and over until he dipped her deeply.

Hey little girl on a spending spree

I don't come cheap but the kisses come free

On closer inspection, I'm sure that you'll agree

Oh, hey little girl, listen to my plea

I come with a lifetime guarantee

One day maybe you will find the baby makes three

It's the ladies' choice, I'm the ladies' choice

The ladies' choice, I'm the ladies' choice

Choice, choice, I'm the ladies' choice

Olivia had completely forgotten about Finnigan and only focused on Alastor. His eyes were beaming with pride and happiness and Olivia couldn't stop smiling and laughing. On the last note, Alastor picked her up by the waist and spun around. When the song ended, Olivia was out of breath, her cheeks were flushed and she had the brightest smile that Alastor had ever seen. A thought went through his head. 'She's beautiful.' They realized they had both been staring. They laughed nervously and backed away a step from each other. Olivia brushed a lock of hair away from her face and glances up at Alastor.

"Thank you. That was wonderful."

Alastor glanced around as another slow song started. "Of course, my dear. Although, if you wanted to stick it to him," he held out his hand, "I think one more dance should really drive in that last nail."

Olivia stared at his hand for a second before smiling. She grabbed it and he pulled her to him. He placed one hand on her waist while she placed her free hand on his shoulder. They swayed to the music, staying about a foot apart and the awkwardness returned tenfold. She glanced over Alastor's shoulder at the stage and saw Finnigan glaring at them. He still sang, but she could tell he was severely pissed. She giggled and Alastor looked down at her.

"I think Finnigan has noticed us."

Alastor chuckled. "Good, maybe now he will keep his ghastly hands to himself, before someone cuts them off."