"Then that settles it, she betrayed you."

!!!

"How can you say that when you don't have proof?"

I smirk at En's naivety.

"Use logic to think, I don't need to explain such obvious signs to you... Though I'm not one to talk since I was tricked in such a stupid way too."

En lowers her head and sighs.

She then stood up and says "Karma... Are you not afraid of the Dragon Yakuza? They are the master of the underworld you know? Your sister might be endangered too-"

"I know I know... That's why I laid a trap for Kanzaki. Kanzaki is someone with a huge ego, I don't think he will ask his father or anyone from the dragon Yakuza. I feel like he will come straight to your house first." I say.

!!!!

"T-Then..."

En starts to shiver.

"Pfft... Did you not listen to my first line? I laid a trap for him. There's a reason why I agreed to go to your house in the first place to play BOG. If not, I would have just stayed at my home." I say.

En widens her eyes and smiles. "Okay then, I will trust you." She says and proceeds to hug me.

"Thank you." She simply says before falling asleep.

What the...

En was this worried about Kanzaki that she was so mentally exhausted?

I sigh and carry En up on my back.

She's quite light.
------------
A few hours passed...

It's now nighttime.

I look at the sleeping En beside me and take another bite off the apple pie.

Since this is a mall, I can find all sorts of things here, even a sleeping bag. Of course, I can also find food here but it is all rotten and decomposed food which smells like shit so I avoided the supermarket.

!!!!

Someone is approaching the mall.

I sneak and peek over the railings, I'm currently on the third floor.

*Tap* *Tap* *Tap*

It's a man with a hunting cap and vest.

He looks around to see the patches of blood splattered.

"It's quite fresh...probably about 2 hours ago." He says which echoed throughout the mall.

...

Should I engage? Nah... It's only one guy, not worth it. Besides, this guy might be a scout of a bigger group. I don't think I should engage in a fight when I have En beside me. I can't protect her and fight at the same time.

And the round ends in an hour so... Let's be rational and safe first.

That man stares in my direction suddenly and I felt deep killing intent.

!!!

I stop moving immediately to pretend to be an object.

"Hmm... Come out! I know you are there!" The man shouts.

I continue to freeze.

...

...

"Hmm guess that did not work huh. Or is there no one here?" The man mumbles.

The echoes enhanced with my hearing allows me to hear even slight sounds made by him.

"Haha, just joking. Karma, that's you, right? On the third floor pretending to be an object."