Chapter 3

"Hello, sir! What would you like to buy?" Says the NPC Chef at the counter.

A panel pops up, indicating the price and food available.

"I will buy 20 burgers and 50 bottles of water."
---------
-$80
---------
In a fight, we move a lot. Therefore water is an absolute necessity to prevent dehydration.

"Thank you for your patronage."

For the remaining 20 dollars...i know what I should do with it.

I exit the restaurant and go right. It leads to an alleyway but there's nothing here, not to mention how dirty and dark this place is, except for...a beggar NPC.

The beggar looks at me and I donated him 20 dollars. He smiles and says "Thank you, young man. This is such a massive amount. I don't have anything to offer but a Cthulhu's eyes, a Dragon scale and the undead skull."

Another panel pops up:
---------
Would you?

1. Take Cthulhu's eyes(A grade)
2. Take the Dragon scale(B grade)
3. Take the undead skull(B grade)
4. Not take anything
---------

Heh...obviously the fourth choice.
"It's okay sir, I am doing this out of kindness."

"Young man. You really are someone special. Here, take all of it. You deserve this."

Last time, I chose to go with Cthulhu's eyes because the grade is higher than the rest but the question is just a test. In the end, I got nothing.

Alright now that I obtained all this...i need to forge the Grimes Armour. With it, I can easily pass the first stage...where we will have to survive a zombie apocalypse for 14 days, basically 2 weeks.

On the first day, food will be very common to find so I will leave that first. Soon, the food supply in stores and supermarkets will slowly deplete and players become a prime target for loots and resources. Just in case I ran out of food, I will start to scavenge on the second day for it.

I will prioritize medicine and weapons first.

"System open, forge menu, armour, the Grimes Armour."
------
Are you sure you want to forge "the Grimes armour"? 80% success rate.

-1 Cthulhu's eyes
-1 Dragon Scale
-1 undead skull

Will be consumed.
-------

Yes.

-------
Successful!!!

The Grimes Armour forged!
Stats:
10 def, 2 spd, 1 luk

Special: The undead will not attack you unless provoked.

Automatically equipped to the user.
-------

Perfect...this will be a walk in the park. The only problem is...the players.

"ATTENTION ALL PLAYERS, THE FIRST STAGE WILL BEGIN IN 1 MINUTE. PLEASE STAND BY."

...i smirk. I wonder if I will meet any of them in the first stage?

"TIMES UP, TRANSPORTING PLAYERS."

My body disappears and my consciousness was transported into the world of stage 1 itself.
---------
Karma
Role: Student

Objective:
-(Main)Survive the upcoming Apocalypse. (+10000 exp)

-kill at least 1000 zombies(+900 exp)

-kill another player(+2000 exp)

-Uncover the truth of the virus and save the world(auto-win for all surviving players)(+1000000 exp)
----------

I open my eyes and found myself sleeping on a school desk.

"Karma! Pay attention." Says a voice from the front. Is that the teacher NPC?

"Right right," I say but suddenly the teacher pulls my ears. "What?!"

"You! Come to my office later!" Says the teacher.

...

"Fine," I say.

"Jeez dude, why are you always getting into trouble?"
I look at the person talking to me. His name is...Kelden? And the teacher's name is Ms Gil.

...

"No reason..." I reply.

Each player has a specific role in this world. Looks like I'm a student like last time.

Damn it. Being a student doesn't have any good perks except an increase in stamina as youths are more athletic.

...

And that last objective too.
Uncover the truth of the virus? In my previous life, nobody bothered to do that until the 7th day.

I need to clear it within 7 days or I will have to compete with others. Luckily I know...how the virus started...and where it did.

I may be able to find clues there.