Chapter 30

...

"Kirei?"

!!

Kirei snaps out of it and looks at the nurse.

"What's wrong?"

...

"I...heard my brother's voice just now..."
"Oh, Karma! He visited a while ago. Didn't he...come here?"
"...He didn't."

...

The nurse notices the half-finished artwork at the table.
"Oh, yeah! Why not draw a bit more since you like drawing? After all...you only got 6 months left to live." Says the nurse.

Kirei stares at the paper and looks away. "I will be able to live if I get a transplant right? My brother promised...he promised...that he will find a way to afford the cost...that liar." Says Kirei.

The nurse looks at Kirei and then starts shedding some tears.

She then hugs her tightly.
"I...am sorry."
--------------------------
"What? There's a body in the sewer? Behind the hospital?!" Exclaims one of the passers-by.

"Mhm. It is a patient from the hospital and he somehow manages to climb into the sewer even though it's locked. But that person is alive and doesn't remember anything, I heard."

"Oh..."

I smile as I eavesdrop on that conversation. Looks like it worked.

I check my phone and realises I have a message from Saikirei. He sold the information to the media.

I smirk.

Time to visit the Lim family.
-----------------
I arrived at their condominium. It's still very big for a family of 4 huh...

From what I heard, their mother died in some sort of accident.
I don't believe it.

It is probably planned for her death because she kept intervening and trying to discipline Lim Kong and his brothers. They probably killed their mother themselves and bribed the media to release it as a form of accident.

That's only my instinct and deduction though.

I walk to the security guard lazing off on a chair in front of the gate.
"Hm? Who are you? What do you want-"

I grab his collar and threw him to the gate. Since his body is big and the impact is huge, he breaks through the locked gate and the sound alerted the bodyguards in this condominium.

I walk into the estate as a few bodyguards run towards me. They are not even questioning who I am...

Heh...
-----------------
A pair of women walk outside to check out the commotion. That's when they see mountains of unconscious bodies everywhere except for one man.

I look at them and they jolt back in fear.

I assume these two are maids of the Lim family.

Well, these bodyguards are all weak but they are a good warm-up.

"Hey," I say

They started running back as I walk towards them...

I sigh.

"Where are the two of you going?" I ask, suddenly appearing behind them.

!!!

"W-Weren't you just there a second ago? H-How did you reach us in such a short time and without any sounds as well?"

"Does that matter? Anyway, do you know where the chairman is? I'm Karma."
"I see, so you are Karma." Says a man out of nowhere.

Oh? I did not detect this person's presence, he has some skills.