Chapter 60

-----------
At the main headquarters of the army
-----------

"N-No... This monster is too strong. We need to do something to destroy-"

"Do something to destroy him?!?" Exclaims one of the Sergeants presents. "WE ARE GOING TO DIE!! WE NEED TO HIDE FIRST BEFORE THAT MONSTER FINDS US!"

"Yeah... You need to do something." I say.

??!!

There are about 20 military officers in this conference room.

Everyone was stunned at my sudden appearance. "K-Kel?! W-What!? When?!"

Everyone immediately looks at the monitor in front of them. "Kel" is still at the military base killing the waves of cultivators bit by bit.

"I-I..."

I smile. "I know everyone is confused," I say. "But that is just my clone and my clone only has 50% of my strength. The me you are seeing right now... Is my main body."

!!!!

Every military officer in this room starts to tremble. "A...Clone... What kind of forbidden technique is that? What happened to the people outside?" One of them asks.

I smirk. "Try to guess~"

!!!

There is a stench of blood coming from outside.

Nobody dared to move. Nobody even attempts to resist. They all know it's futile.

I sigh at their obedience and snap.
Everyone in the room starts to feel weird and suddenly...

*Crack*

!!

Everyone's neck was twisted and they immediately die...except the army captain.

"Y-You... Merciless devil..."

I smile at that remark and walk near him.

The captain lost energy in his legs and fell onto the ground. "S-Stay away!! D-Don't come any closer!!"

"So you succumb?" I ask.

"Y-Yes!! I succumb!! We all succumb!! Please stop!! We won't mess with you anymore!!!!" Says the captain.
---------
Task complete.

Relationship with California: decreased by 10000

Relationship with Japan: Increased by 10000

Relationship with the United States: decreased by 1000

Notorious Prestige: increased by 3000000

People will now think twice before messing with you.

People are less likely to attack Japan for fear of offending you.

Stories of you are being spread around the world.

Received title: Guardian of Japan
---------

"Good," I say, and left the headquarters.
___________________

A few days later...
___________________

"Hey, Mason!" I say.

I decided to visit him after a few days of tourism in Los Angeles. I concealed my "Kel" identity and went along with my real name.

Many people already heard of the story of Kel so nobody looks down on me or glares at me. Although some are pissed off at the sight of me, they didn't take action.

"Huh? Oh, Hi." Mason replies.

He seems to be panicking. There are two men stationed behind him. They don't look like bodyguards nor do they look like a guest but they are glaring at me.