You Can't Handle the Truth: Part Four

Start bij het begin

Dean groans and goes to punch his car but remembers where he is and what he's going to be punching. He pulls his hand away, runs his hand down his face, and follows you into the house. He meets you halfway up the stairs and realizes Sam is already on his way down from the girl's apartment.

"Hey, where have you two been? I found something."

"It can wait. We got to talk."

"Yeah, what's up?"

"There are a few things I want to ask you, and, uh, you're gonna tell me the truth," Dean demands as you three walk back down the stairs.

"Uh, yeah, Dean. Of course. What are you talking about?"

"I asked for the truth. And you know what? I'm getting it. So, like I said, I have a few questions for you. When that vamp attacked me, why did you just stand there?"

Sam falters, unprepared for that sort of question. He takes a minute to process it and then turn on the puppy dog eyes for you both. They're not working on you though.

"I-I didn't. I froze."

"You froze. You have been Terminator since you got back."

"I don't know. Shock? Then it was too late. I feel terrible about it. Believe me. Dean... I can't lie here. Do you really think I would let something like that happen on purpose? You're my brother. H-how could you even—"

Dean interrupts his brother before he can ramble on further. Sam is putting on a hell of a show because you can sense his bullshit from a mile away. There's nothing inside of him, you're sure of it.

"Okay. Okay. Sorry. I...I thought—I thought I saw something. I guess I was wrong. It's just been a really, really shitty day," Dean sighs.

"Hey. It's okay. I got your back, alright? I always have," Sam smiles sympathetically.

"Thanks, Sammy."

Sam turns to leave the rest of the way down the stairs, and even you can tell that smile dropped faster than panties.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What Sam found at the girl's—Corey—apartment isn't anything new. This girl was so obsessed about her cheating boyfriend that when normal means of snooping around didn't get her anywhere, she turned to summon the Goddess of Truth, Veritas. She's pretty powerful if she can influence an entire town.

Though, you can't focus on that. Not knowing if you're pregnant or not is killing you, and you're about to go out of your damn mind with this. You can't stop pacing the floor back at the motel room while Sam and Dean talk about why Sam found a cat skull in Corey's apartment.

"So this was the chick's pet?" Dean asks, holding the cat skull.

"Well, she was obsessed."

"I think you mean crazy," he scoffs and takes a seat at the table. "Y/N, you good?"

"Yeah, it's just this whole case. We need to figure it out sooner rather than later," you lie again.

"I think I can help with that," Sam says. "So, cat skull, grains-of-paradise seeds, and devil's shoestring. Mix them well enough and you get a summoning spell.

"Demon?"

"No, Goddess. Goddess of Truth. Corey was so desperate for the truth about her boyfriend's cheating heart, she went digging around. Nothing panned out, so she went looking for a different kind of help."

"She opened a door she couldn't close, and now the whole town is suffering," you fit the pieces together.

"Yeah. Now anyone in town who asks aloud for the truth invokes Veritas. And she doesn't just give it to you. She slams you with it until you kill yourself and she gets her tribute."