3. Errand Girl

The rest of the day the went in a haze

The rest of the day the went in a haze. Everything went so fast, I don't even get a chance to ponder about what happen on the terrace. I was literally confused by my own emotion.

I don't know, should I be happy or should I be sad. One moment I was feeling very happy that he give me a chance, and another moment I became very sad that he's just testing me.

At least I should feel grateful that he considers me, he clearly stated that 'dating is a waste of his time'. I shouldn't behave like a brat. I should be very grateful that the school's most perfect boy is even considering my proposal.

I kick a small pebble as I was walking my easy towards my home. It was evening time, but as dark could be cast all over it makes it seems like pitch black night.

As soon as my apartment building came, I saw that light of our house was on. That's mean dad is here. He usually don't come home, he's always either working very late or he'll be on his business trips.

I sigh, my relationship with my father. We won't talk with each other for days when we argue. He's always taking out my faults and my weak points. He has never supported me. He has changed, a lot.

"I'm home." I yell as I enter into our house.

"Welcome back." He replied as he stood up from his usual place, his armchair as he was reading the newspaper, which was a month old. His tone was very strict, something's up.

"Welcome back to you too dad, it was almost a week you weren't at home. How are you?" I ask politely even though I was not in the mood to.

"I am not fine, which parents will be fine when they find their child doing things which that don't like." He said a little bit louder. This was enough to give me goosebumps.

"I don't get it dad?" I ask in confusion, as there are many things I do which I he don't like, existing is one of them.

He just took out my canvases from his bag! What is it doing with him and his bag!? My eyes become wide as realization hit me.

"DID YOU JUST GO THROUGH MY STUFF?" I shout.

"Don't shout, didn't I strictly tell you not to paint anymore, when you'll understand simple language. I really didn't like it, stop wasting your time. Give all your attention to your studies instead!" He shouted.

"No! I won't! This is the only thing I'm good at! And for your information, I try my best in studies. I study all night and day just for your satisfaction. I just don't want you to disappoint anymore.

It is not my fault that I am dyslexic, huh? Tell me dad, is it my mistake that I have dyslexia, that my brain has difficulty in memorizing, difficulty in spelling, difficulty in thinking and understanding anything. T-" I was cut by him as he abruptly went towards the kitchen with my canvases.