65. Answer

TW: Mention of suicide

Yejin's point of view

My eyes stared at the rising sun. Sunlight scattered in the dark blue night sky, making it different shades of blue, pinkish purple, orange, and red. Majority of the sky was covered by clouds, of course, the monsoon was around. The atmosphere filled with the chirping of birds and the faint voices of people and automobiles.

I parted my eyes from the window and gazed at the white walls of the hospital. My mind was a mess- and somehow these white walls weren't helping me to calm down at all. They rather brought back all those memories, playing them on these white walls like a movie.

Some more tears escaped from my eyes, adding more tears stain on my face. My eyes itched and throbbed, a pained sigh left from my mouth. I want to cry more- but my eyes can't cry anymore. Of course, this is what happens to your eyes when you cry the night away.

Those tears weren't because of my broken bones, these were because of my broken heart. My pained broken heart hurt me so much, I can't even breathe properly. I covered my face with my unharmed hand, ignoring the pain of my eyes and focusing on my harshly beating heart, which was tormenting with each heartbeat.

Soon my hand made its way towards my mouth, clamping it tightly to prevent any pained sound from escaping my mouth. I took violent breaths, just to calm myself down but it didn't help at all. It just made my condition worst, making me cry more. I choked on my one tears but didn't let any sound leave from my mouth besides soft whimpers and harsh breaths.

He was beside me, and I neither wanted to disturb him nor let him know I was crying so hard. I didn't want to face him, but when I saw him as soon as I wake up, the guilt hit me like a metal rod. The way he cried, the way he broke in front of me, but the thing which broke me the most was seeing him- standing in the middle of the road where I left him, eyes closed and waiting for that car to hit him. I heard the doctor saying if it wasn't for me, he wouldn't be breathing right now- but whom I'm kidding. I was the only reason he decided to take those steps.

I once again broke into silent sobs, rethinking all those things once again, making my condition worst. I felt my heart can't take this anymore- all these mixed emotions. Anger, guilt, sadness, agony, despair, distress, heartbreak, and shame- all of these emotions are weighing on me and slowly crushing me underneath them.

I looked to my left, that blue curtain covering his bed entirely. Those words which he said to me last time rang in my head. He has said this to me before, maybe more than two times. But this time, his 'I hate you' hit harder than anything else. The way his voice was filling with pain, sadness, betrayal, and heartbreak- his quivering voice broke my heart into tiny pieces.

My eyes drifted towards the door when I heard it opening. The nurse walked in, carrying our breakfast.

"Good morning." She greeted me with a slight smile but it soon disagreed when she saw me.