Chapter 6- 'The Rings'

Start from the beginning

"How many people will be invited?"

Silence... He was just checking out his mobile phone as if he has seen it for the first time.

I mentally rolled my eyes at him, is he always this boring?

Before I could say any further, the woman came back with two small boxes in her hands.

As she approached us, Ian spoke up, "This better be something likeable."

She nodded her head and gave me a small smile before opening the box.

And when she opened it... My eyes went wide at the ultimate beauty that was kept inside that.

It was a rose gold coloured ring, it had a spectacular diamond on top of it and had double bands. Man, that was something else.

I guess James and Ian both saw me gawking at it, that's why Ian loudly cleared this throat and I averted my eyes from it, embarrassed at myself.

"We are buying this." The girl nodded and then we began to look out for Ian's wedding ring.

Again, after many rings, cursing at the salesgirl, rolling of eyes, disgustful looks... We found him his perfect ring.

It was a classy band with a small rectangular shaped diamond on it, and detailed designs.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Soon after, we all were in the car, heading towards the diner to eat something, because I had not eaten anything since morning, apart from that cupcake, obviously.

I asked James where were we going but he just told me that I would like that place.

The whole car was silent until James spoke.

"Amy?"

I looked over to him who was smiling at me.

"Hm?"

"So, did you like that ring?"

"Yes." I smiled down at him.

"You know you can give full sentence answers, I assure you, Ian won't be able to hurt you or anything."

My eyes widened and I looked over to him who was smirking at Ian. My eyes moved to Ian and with no doubts, I found him glaring at him.

"Fuck you." He said through gritted teeth.

"Oh, thank you." James rolled his eyes and I stared at both of them before Derek announced that we were about to reach, and in less than a few minutes, I was staring at my bakery.

"Uh... James?" I frowned at him.

"Why are we here?"

"Where?" He shrugged.

"At Vanille? At my bakery?"

"Oh, this is your bakery?" He acted surprised and I frowned at his strange behaviour.

"You were here in the morning." I raised my eyebrow at him.

"I forgot about that."

"Can we please go inside?" Ian finally spoke, and we all nodded as I started moving towards the bakery before them.

Just as I entered through the door, I was greeted by a big hug from Sophia, something that has been happening a lot lately.

After we broke the hug, she shouted, "Spill! How was the-" but she stopped as she stared at the door, and I knew whom she was staring at.

"Uh, hi." James smiled at Sophia and she let out a long breath before dragging me to the corner, leaving both of them at the doorstep.

"The hell?" She whispered.

"We all were hungery so we decided to eat something. But I did not know that we were coming here." I sighed.

"No, I am not asking about that!"

"So what?" I frowned at her.

"I cannot believe that the Ian Kingsley along with his hot best friend are here! At our Bakery! Look at people staring."

I looked around us to find people ogling at both of them. I could not help but feel a little bit strange. I don't know how I reached to the middle as I clapped my hands, drawing the attention of everyone towards me.

"Can you please focus on your food? We don't want you to get sick. Something might enter in your mouth." I put on a sweet smile and headed back to Sophia, who was staring at me wide eyed.

"Already possesive?" She smirked and I slightly hit her on the shoulder before heading towards their tables.

"What will you get, James?" He blinked, as if just coming back to reality.

"Damn." He nodded in appreciation but I chose to ignore that.

"Why don't you sit with us? Afterall, you have had a long day!" He patted the chair next to him and I shook my head.

"No, you are here at my bakery. I should treat you."

"Oh come on, I hope your friends can handle that." He pouted and I looked over to Sophia.

"I sure can. But first of all introduce me to your future hubby!" I placed my hand on her mouth and glared at her as James let out a low chuckle and Ian clenched his fists.

"You better not be!" I whispered to her as she rolled her eyes before putting on her best smile and turning towards both of them.

"What can I get for you?" She asked them.

"Whatever you have the best!" James smiled before looking towards Ian.

"Salted almond truffle tart." I slightly raised my eyebrows. He knows about sweets and stuff? Never thought so.

Sophia already knew what I wanted so she left and I took a seat beside James.

"So Amy, tell me something about yourself."

"Like what?" I looked over to him.

"Like something, anything. Um... about your love life? I am sure Ian would love to know about that." He chuckled as Ian huffed.

"You mean my non-existent love life?" I smiled as his eyes slightly widened before he shook his head.

After few minutes Sophia returned with our orders and we ate in silence, but James did not miss a chance to make Ian angry.

Soon, when we all were done and they both were heading towards the door. I, James and Ian, too had shared our mobile numbers so that they could update me about the wedding.

But I did not miss to hear what Ian whispered to James when they were outside the door.

"You are so dead." I knew he was joking but if he actually did that, I would not be surprised. After all, he was the IAN KINGSLEY!

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

So yeah guys, it was Chapter 6. Hope you liked it.

Please tell me your thoughts about this one😊

If you want to talk to me, or get notified whenever a new chapter comes in ( lol, we all know a new chapter comes daily ).😂
Even to get glimpses of the book, follow my Instagram account:

infinity_writess123

[Comment on this chapter and I will shout out everyone on my Instagram account and In next chapter also!❤️]

............