Chapter 4.4

As you trudged back with the deer slung over your shoulder, you could hear the wildlife around you, crickets chirping and birds singing.
Then something else... it sounded like a squeaky dog toy?

With a quick glance, you see opac blue and spin on your heels to get a better look but see nothing.
You don't hang around, soon enough, you heard it again.

It continued for a decent amount of time, like a game of cat and mouse.
After a few more attempts, you manage to see what it was but only for a second as it broke apart and faded into nothing.
It was another one of the transparent rabbits you had seen before, the only difference being that this one was certainly interested in you.

As you make it back to the group, you spot Urbosa with the rest as she spoke to a few parents and a child, no more than 7 years old.

A thought then lingered in your mind like a tumour..
"Only a monster could go through with.. this..."
Once it passed, you got started, first by gathering up enough wood for a fire.. then the dirty part.

You make sure everyone is ok before dragging the deer out of view and kneel down, ready to work.
You look over, realising the rabbit was still by your side, you try to 'shoo' it away, almost in comedic fashion but to no avail and get started.

It took a while but you managed and everyone had a bite to eat, yourself included, while everyone could finally relax, you chose to sit alone with your bow in hand and with an arrow racked.

The transparent rabbit, still by your side, took a seat in your lap and decided to nap.

You were befuddled while you stroked it as it slept, barely noticing at how weightless it felt.
Now you had a better look of what it was, resembling a barn owl yet with the body of a rabbit and its antlers weren't actually antlers, it was as if a branch of golden leaves had started to sprout out and had a beautiful symmetry to them as the fire light danced and shined off of them.

As you admired it, a little girls voice from behind you took you off guard, making you jump and tighten the grip on your bow.

"I-is that a blupee?"
Once you looked over, the slither of pink you saw in the midst of the group all made sense.
It was a bright pink rito hatchling, stood timidly nearby while watching the rabbit in its blissful slumber.

"I think so.."
You both stayed silent for a moment as the land started to seep into darkness, the only thing allowing you to see was the dim light from the fire as it cascaded and shimmered through the rito's feathers.

"What's your name?"
You pat next to you, inviting the rito to sit.
She did but stayed silent, the two of you watched the world revolve around you, now that you took the scenery in, you could see the outline of Hylia Bridge in the distance.

Beyond that was the castle, merely a blur of ambient light slowly dying down as candle lights got snuffed out.
You look back at the group briefly, then at the hatchling.

"Have you eaten?"

She nods but still only a nod and not a peep.

You hadn't even noticed but the blupee hopped out of your lap and had now nested into the hatchlings feathers, making her chuckle.

It felt like time had stopped as everything faded to white.. another memory.

It was brief but still a lot to take in, you were sat on the peak of a mountain as the sound of water trickled gently from behind and petals from a cherry blossom tree drifted over head and off into the distance.

You didnt even have a chance to fully take in your surroundings as you were yanked back to reality.

With a few blinks, you rub your eyes.
"Are you ok?"

You nod, coming up with an excuse to cover up what happened and with a hearty chuckle to it.

"Yeah, I'm ok... that is just.. too adorable"

"...Molli.."

A bit confused, you look over at her.

"My name is Molli."

Meanwhile, hours later near Hylia Bridge

"Any luck finding them?"

"No... Daruk has had no luck either.."

"I can't believe they got the drop on us!"

"Dont beat yourself up about it, revali.. we were lucky that (y/n) spotted it.. I just hope him and Urbosa are ok."

Mipha, Revali and Daruk were combing over an area zelda had informed them about, questions were flying about but she nearly begged to leave it until after they found you and Urbosa, she sounded frantic to say the least.

"I gotta admit, didnt expect the lil' guy to be that strong, blew me right of my feet!"

"I still dont understand why here instead of where we were ambushed... and with a carriage as well."

The sun dwindled along the horizon, slowly seeping down under like it were a vast sea, growing darker by the minute.

Everyone was about to call it a night before Mipha pointed out between the archways of Hylia Bridge.
Out in the distance was a faint light, one that flickered and whipped in the light breeze.

Revali took off without a second thought to go in for a closer look while Daruk and Mipha tried their best to keep up.

As the light grew stronger, so did the rare chuckle from a group as the smell of meat lingered through the air.