Chapter 5.6

"But he didnt... he just.. disappeared.. and now he's here..."

"Lily, try to look at it in my perspective.. we can finally make up for all of that time without him."

She turned away, rubbing her eyes followed by a sniffle.

"I dont know if I have it in me.."

Patrisha was deep in thought, weighing the options laid out in front of her.
She gave up not long after with a shallow sigh.

"I wont force you to do something you dont want to.. but just remember, all it takes is one step and the rest will be a breeze."

She gives lilith a kiss on her forehead.
"I'll be inside the inn if you need me."

Before she turned to leave, she slipped half of an apple into lilith's hand.

"And please eat.."

"Ok.."

Lilth stayed on the landing for some time, watching as you and Daniel continued to talk while taking small bites from the apple.

She felt numb inside, unable to muster the urge to take the leap, replaying what her mother had said.

Just as a shallow sigh left her lungs, it was cut off by a faint snicker, followed by a lot of scampering and scrapes against wood.

"Hi!"

Lilith spun on her feet, no one was around.. all of a sudden, the tips of a few feathers wave in front of her and she looks down to see a deep purple hatchling who was giddy with excitement.

"Oh! hi there."

"Are you that weird hylian that Mazli saved?"

She couldnt help but giggle a little hearing that, she kneels down with a smile and a heart of gold.

"Yup, that's me.
Now aren't you adorable, what's your name?"

Now she was giggling as her feathers puffed up.

"Im Kheel!"

"Its nice to meet you, Kheel.
I'm Lilith but people like to call me Lily."

"I love it!
Are you ok?
..you looked angry."

"Not really.."

"Oh...
I know, you can come with me!
I have to go rehearse for a recital soon, you can listen!"

She looked towards the inn briefly but she didnt get a chance to think it over as Kheel grabbed her hand and started pulling her away from the landing, towards the the stairs down and with a surprising amount of strength.

"Pleeease!"

"It doesnt seem like I gave a choice."

Lilith let Kheel haul her along until she's well on her way towards the stables and past you and Daniel.

"Lily, wait."

She turned just as Daniel stood back up.

"What are you doing?"

Kheel pops out from behind lily with an ecstatic wave.

"Hi, were going to warblers nest so I can rehearse!"

Then you stand up.

"Isn't it still dangerous to explore?"

Kheel shook her head, fidgeting uncontrollably.

"The elder said that our scouts checked!"

Now you were leaning on a knee.
"Are you sure?"

Kheel was about to nod adamantly but freezes as her eyes lock onto something behind you and Daniel.

You turned as fast as possible, making Daniel jump back while Kheel hide behind Lilith.

You scanned the small wooded area but all you could see was a sea of green.

"What did you see?.."

You took a quick glance behind and see Kheel pointing at a tree.

After looking at it and admittedly doubting her for a moment, you turn only to hear the sound of dry bark crunching in the nick of time.

You raise your arm and summon Daruk's power but as you looked back, you watched as your clone took the hit and turned into strands of blue light, along with a bark covered tail swiping through it as it was sucked back into your sheikah slate.

You then knew what you were up against.

You raise the sheild just in time to stop a slimy ball of mucus, slapping against and draping itself all over the sheild.
The one thing that had always confused you was why their spit was a viable attack and in moments upon seeing it sizzle and steam up against the sheild turned your blood cold.

Its spit is acidic!

"Get back to the village!"

Everyone was stuck frozen as a lizalfos quickly shed its camouflage and pounced towards you.

You managed to grip it and twist, pinning it down with a nasty thud.
It swiftly got everyone's attention.

"Now!"

Its tail zipped through the air and into the back your head, letting a sickening crack reverberate through the forest along side your bellowed wail.

You still had a firm grip and lifted it up in response, knowing you were under equipped to fight up close and slam it back down.

It barely gave you time to pull out the yiga blade you grabbed before.
As its blade rang against its sheath, the lizalfos had regained itself and was barreling down on you.

It skidded across the dirt, following up with a lightning fast lunge of its tongue.
It cracked through the air like a whip.

You step to the side and grab onto it before it retracts and yank it towards you, making the lizalfos trip and bite it's own tongue off.
It brushed it off and got back up as a sharp noise of metal ringing erupted behind it.

As it attempted to pounce at you again, it was short lived as it stopped abruptly and fell down onto its stomach.
It shot a glare back to see a yiga blade stuck in its tail, pinning it in place.

It then looked back to give a rage filled hiss but an arrow burrows down its throat and out from the back of its skull.
It stayed motionless for a second before falling down like a plank of wood.

You waited until it was dissolving into a dark purple mass of goop, bow still in hand with an arrow drawn.