Chapter 7.2

You looked at a picture of your mother with a warm, endearing smile on one side of the locket while on the other side...
It was Arn, looking diligent and proud as he wore the same set of armour as the guardsmen around you.

You look over your shoulder briefly before gaining a grip of your emotions while wiping the tears off your face, clasping the locket shut and then latching it back on around your neck.
If there was guardsmen around then there was a good chance that Zelda was with them, along with Link.
"Don't tell anyone about this."

Revali then gave you a befuddled look.

"You must be pulling on my feathers.
We have to-"

With a stern shake of your head, you stop him and explain as best as you could.

"Revali, there's a lot that you don't know about me and I'm getting a major rush of de javu thanks to these lot..."

You point at one of the lifeless clan members.

"I cant ri-
No, I refuse to risk putting anyone in further danger because I want to be at peace emotionally."

He stood in shock, unable to fathom what you just said.

"How can you be so... selfless?"

You simply shrug, unable to answer.

As the conversation was reaching its end, Revali looks up and soon gives a cocky wave to someone behind you and with a quick glance, you feel your heart skip a beat as Zelda and Link were walking towards you and Revali.

You snap your head around and lock eyes with Revali's.

"Promise me."

He looked back.
"Promise what?"

"Promise me that you wont tell a soul."

He nods, not saying another word as a hand patted your shoulder.
He then watched you wipe the serious look off your face and give a kind smile as Link signed a plethora of words.

"yeah.. sorry about that, we ran into a lot of complications.. mostly attempted sieges from moblins, bokoblins and lizalfos."   

Link signs more words.

"Other complications?... oh right, that's harder to explain."

Revali, who was clueless up until now chipped into the conversation.

"We met his family."

The two stood up straight, Link visibly surprised while Zelda was almost ecstatic as she spoke.

"where are they now?"

You were about to point up at the inn but a shocked gasp could be heard at the edge of the forest.
Lilith, Patrish and Daniel had rushed down from the village and were now looking at the few clan members strewn around the woods.

Patrisha and Daniel stayed back, still looking around at the clan members bodies while Lilith who was understandably worried for your safety.

"A-are you ok (y/n)?"

"Yeah, I'm ok."

She then hugs you, unable to find the right words.

"I'm ok, I promise."

She looked at you for a brief moment before nodding and stepping back a little.

"well?"
Now she was giving you a befuddled look.

You then point to Link and Zelda while you talked.

"You know, its rude to not greet someone."

She looks, then at you and then back at the two with her jaw hanging ever so slightly, after a second or two, she regains her posture while picking up her jaw. 

She then awkwardly bows.

"I-I am so sorry, i-its an honour to meet both of you." 

Revali then scoffs. 

"Well i wasnt given such appraisal..."

You lean over slightly and mutter to him as the three started to talk.

"Maybe its because you're a pompous asshole the majority of the time?"

He gives a stern look long enough to spout up a sliver of doubt in the back of your mind.
He then chuckles.

"If you hadn't have told us about your.. extensive reading... i would assume you're a living dictionary by now."

"I wouldn't be suprised."

Revali then started to survey the area, slowly but surely darting his gaze across a dozen spots until he askes.

"(y/n)?"

"yeah?"

"....where is Fortan?"

Wide eyed and breathing in sharp, you bring your hand up to whistle but in that moment, link raises a hand to halt you before signing a few words to you.

"I saw him running out into the clearing so i asked a few guards to help me catch him, they should be removing the last few arrows now."

"Thanks, as long as he's ok."

Link looks at Lilith again and begins to sign.

"So, do you mind introducing us?"

Lilith beat you to the punch, holding out a hand to shake.

"The name's Lilith but everyone just calls me Lily."

Link, who was taken back by the fact that lilith knew sign language too, signed words just as fast as when he discovered you knew it too.
"Yup, (y/n) taught us."

With her hand still stretched out, the two finally shook hands.
You wrap an arm over her shoulder soon after.

"Shes like a sister to me.. not related by blood through."

Zelda then looks over to Patrisha and Daniel.

"And I can only assume they raised you?"

You nod, with a slight smile as you spoke but it became a distant feeling as you gave the short story of how.

"Yeah, they raised me since.. since my mother was killed.."

By then, Patrisha had walked over to give you hug while Daniel stepped closer towards one of the clan members bodies while holding back a questing that lingered on his tongue.

You pat Patrisha's arm, letting her know that you're fine and look over to Daniel.
"(y/n), this is the yiga clan... right?"

"...yeah."