Chapter 5.3

You weren't aware yet but you were back in that void you keep ending up in.

On edge, hyperventilating and frantically looking all over, you tried to find anything to concentrate on, to calm yourself after such a hectic fight.

Slowly 3 balls of flames grew behind you, their calming light emanating from them caught your attention.
As the light grew with intensity, it became evident that one of the flames was missing for a while.

You waited and waited.. nothing.

Just as you attempt to step closer, a set of eyes shoot open from behind the flames, gleaming deep red.. then another.. and another set.

You turn around and try to run but once you turned around, there was more of them, trapping you in a circle... the tension was rising fast and all you could do was spin on your heels and try to keep an eye on all of them.

Out of the corner of your eye, the last flame appears but in an odd way, as if it was being jump started like a dead battery, pulsing and slowly caving in on itself until it pulsed again, growing larger until it was burning bright.

When you thought things couldnt get worse, the eyes dash towards you and one set gets frighteningly close.

You then sit up quickly in a bed, screaming until it contorted into a painful wail.
Everything hurt just like before, hand burning with pain along with your chest, enough to almost paralyze you.

A hand rests on your shoulder, shaking you gently.

"(Y/n)!? Hey, it's ok!.. (y/n), look at me.. it was just a bad dream"

After a brisk moment of shock, it finally got your attention and you lay eyes upon Daniel who was to say the least.. very suprised.

"What did I miss?"

"...Those monsters came back and your friend took a bit of a beating while you were unconscious."

On the other side of the room, you could see Mipha sat up right in bed too with a shocked look and also bearing a set of scars across her chest, along with one shallow yet dangerously close cut to her neck.

"Are you ok?"

She nodded and relaxed a little.

As you took deep breaths to calm down, Daniel asked a question.

"Still having those nightmares?.."

All you could do was nod weakly, somehow fatigued from that horrific battering you just took.

Your senses were all over the place and you couldnt concentrate with the headache that was now splitting your head open.

Patrisha then walked over and coursed her fingers through your hair gently.

"Lilith woke up, she's outside right now on that landing."

Eyes wide yet blured, you shot up and out of bed, forgetting that your body was still recovering and fall but luckily clasp onto the footboard of the bed.

Or so you thought as you were lifted back to your feet.

"It seems like you still need time to re-... that wasn't there before.."

Confused, you gently pull your hand back and look at it.

"What are you talking ab-"

Three rough purple scars trailed down between your knuckles.

As you gawked at what you instantly recognised as bad news, a familiar shade of blue came into focus.
You knew it wasnt that thing but you couldnt help but feel scared as it sent shivers up your body and you step back, tripping over over something lent against the bed.

"What is the matter with you?"

No words came out, you just stood as fast as possible and walked straight past.

You stood onto the landing, trying to brace yourself only to hear a shocked response.

You turn to the voice and what you saw would be best put as death personified.
A fist comes barreling into your gut, making you curl over and fall with a groan.

"Over 7 years! Where the hell were you!?"

Slowly, you get to your feet while trying to explain.
"Lily, I-"

"Save your breath!
You have.. no idea how much you hurt me.. us!"

The only thing you had the stones to look at was the planks of wood that formed the landing as Lilith tore into you and with a voice like a lynels roar.

"We looked everywhere!.. fuck.. my parents even put out missing flyers with a reward, not that it mattered since we barely knew anything about you!..
What about all that time we spent together, all those times you stuck up for me and every time we backed each other up?
Did that mean anything to you..
Or were we just an afterthought to you?"

She just stared after that, it was enough to pierce clean through you.

Even then, the pain didnt hurt as much as the guilt you felt festering inside.

"I..."

She didnt stick around, briskly walking past you and back towards the inn with a vigourous rage to each step, almost suffocating any remnant of calm left... leaving you to slowly scramble to the edge of the landing and contemplate just how badly you messed up as your legs dangled in the gentle breeze.