Chapter 2.2

(h/t) = home town

It fell silent again.. the champions just stood and inspected you in their own ways, after an unbearably long silence, mipha is the first to speak up

"I dont think this storm will let up anytime soon"

Urbosa agrees

"Seems like its going to be big, lets head inside"
She gestures you to follow, you do so but keep some distance, catching a glimpse of revali picking his bow back up as your heart was pounded against your chest betraying your calm demeanor.
You stop for a moment which made urbosa glance back at you.
You look back at fortan, with two finger pressed to your lips, you blow out a piercing whistle.
You watch as Fortan trots up to your side.
"Ah, dont worry."
Urbosa ushers over a guard and gestures towards Fortan who then grabs the reigns. You watch Fortan being led towards a small area with straw and hay spread across the ground as other horses slept or grazed on hay, Fortan stops suddenly and starts whining and tugging the reigns from the guards grip.
He succeeded and trots back to you letting out a huff into your face, you reel your head back almost in a comedic fashion.
You completely forgot you were being observed by the champions.

"I know, im nevous too"
You raise a hand and rub Fortans neck, grabbing a hold of the reings and leading him back to the guard.
You thank him while giving Fortan one more pat to reassure him and return to the group as they watch, looking quite intrigued.
Soon you were stood infront of a makeshift tent, an elegant one at that as it had purple and golden ribbons drapped along its frame with a small vent at the top that allowed a fire to be made inside without filling up with smoke.
The champions had made their way in, with a shaken breath you step inside and find a seat, not far away but not so close that it felt like you were intruding anyone's personal space and avoided eye contact like it were a plague.
You sat on the chair, tapping your fingers against your knees as the champions stole glances at you, the room was falling silent again, thankfully daruk spoke up rubbing the back of his head nervously.

"So um.. i never caught your name"

You open your mouth but revali answers before you.

"Its (y/n)"

"Oh, you two have met already?"
Urbosa chips into the convesation with a look of curiosity as she raised an eyebrow at revali.

"Only briefly"

Revali turns the conversation onto you and continues talking.

"Although yesterday was quite the demonstration of your skills, you do know how to take the full brunt of an octoroks attack well, dont you?"

He smirks, leaning over to you while looking directly at you, hoping to find something else to use against you, you hated to admit it but despite your little outburst, he was a confident little bastard.

You barely knew each other and he was already looking for ways to pick at you... you werent gonna let him win.. no way.

"What can i say?.."

Revali raises an eyebrow seeing you wanted to retaliate

"Im just that good"
With a grin spreading across your face, you watch revali pull back frowning, huff under his breath and cross his wings over each other as the others chuckle at the moment that was unfolding before them.

Just like that, the night rolled on as you spoke about what ever the topic of discussion landed on. It was difficult trying to explain so much, it seemed like you had the room for a good few hours though as the others learned more and more about you although revali didnt say much apart from the odd question here and there.