Chapter 5.7

Panic had swept over the area once again while the stables staff and customers rushed inside.

Before you could grab the yiga clan blade, another group of lizalfos had taken the chance to close the gap before taking a swipe at Daniel with their tails before he, Lilith and Kheel could make their way up the first bridge.

Then another completely different group of lizalfos rush up the bridge, 3 slipping past the guard stationed and leaving one to keep the guard distracted.

Meanwhile, one lizalfos was keen on grabbing Kheel, Lilith already knew and shielded Kheel as it looked for an opportunity to strike, yet nearly frozen with fear.

Daneil steps back, missing one aimed at his shoulder but was sluggish as one other lizalfos took a risk, wrapping it's own around his ankle and yanking him onto his back.

Before he could scramble back up to his feet, the closest lizalfos had gotten out a jagged and menacing looking blade and swung down at him.

He leans left, barely evading its tip as it slams into the dirt beneath.
As it did, the rito guarding the bridge had finished of his opponent and had jumped in with a rushed jab of a spear, forcing the two lizalfos to jump back.

You follow up by ramming your body into one of the two into a tree, kicking up dust.

Only then did you realise that your only weapon was dug into the ground.

Everything escalated even further as your name was called out, you had looked to see everyone had slipped from the scene and up towards the second bridge .
Just then, pain swept over your face followed by a thud, throwing you down onto your shoulder.

Everything blurred and you became dazed as your view turned to a haze of red for a moment while you fumbled around your person until you find your sheikah slate and press the first rune.
Thankfully, it had recharged despite your clone still being present through out the night.

As the grounds around you grew worse, briskly wiping blood from your eyes, you aim your sheikah slate at the yiga blade still embedded in the dirt, planning to use magnesis but it was short lived.

As your clone began to reek havoc upon its foes, you were hoisted up to your feet as something long and rough was placed into your hand.

"Can you still move?"

You nod.

"Go, get to the village.
We can hold them off."

Just as he finished, revali along with a few other rito swooped in and started landing arrows into the foes as they started to pour in from the surrounding woods while the one who helped you up swiped up the yiga blade and carried on defending his home.

With a glance towards Lilith and the others, making sure they were ok and then the bridges, you bolted into a sprint and towards the spire that is the village.
After the third bridge, you could see one of the three that rushed past fighting Mazli.
He stopped back and gave his spear swift spin, letting it collide with the lizalfos jaw and watch it crumple to the ground before giving you a thumbs up.

"I've got this, theres still 2 more up ahead!"

You continue and hear screams and wails as another lone lizalfo on the next level chased down a few rito along with a number of hatchlings.

You knelt down while internally grasping at straws, hoping what you were attempting would work.
You summon a gale and the sheer force of it against the floor propels you up and fast but only by a few meters.

Just enough to reach the walkway, it managed to give you an opening.

With a wide swing of whatever you held in your hand, it cut through the air, smacking the lizalfo down and allowing the rito to flee.

Splaying a hand out far and catching the ledge barely, your feet land but slip causing you to dangle from the banister as your opponent gathers itself.
Still grasping at straws, you reach out and grip its horn and yank back, pulling it ove board to slam onto the banister bellow.
It must have immobilized it as it was barely moving after that.

A screech echoes out from the inn and your heart sinks as the last enemies attempts were being fooled thanks the extended length of Mipha's trident, holding it at the entrance.
You haul yourself up and over, quickly position yourself at a take off point which was conveniently directly above what was about to be dead lizalfo.

With a small hop and a twist of your weapon, which you registered as a spear, you landed dead on as the head of the spear slipped clean through its scales and down it's back.

A few seconds pass as you catch your breath, warching the lizalfo slowly fall apart and turn into a deep purple sludge and then a puff of smoke.
A voice calls out but you were already headed back towards the entrance to the village, spear in hand.

On the way, you gave the one you pulled overboard a quick jab, finishing it off.
As you skidded across the wooden planks to a halt, the very last enemy flies out from the corner, stumbling off its feet and soon after, a spear followed and slammed into its chest.

It too, turned to sludge and then smoke.

"Whoa! Mazli?"

He pokes his head around the rock.

"Is everyone ok?"

You nod, flying down the stairs and past him.

"That's one hell of a throw!"