Chapter 2.4

The caravan had packed up near 10am, you stand up and stretch before calling Fortan over.
After a few minutes of preparing and accounting your belongings were with you, you watch link hold a hand out to Zelda who then stepped up into a magnificent looking carriage lined with golden trimmings along its frame.

Without another word, the caravan set off. You spur Fortan into a matching pace and look around.
The caravan itself consisted of a dozen or more carriages filled with supplies ranging from food and medicines to deadly weaponry.
You trailed past fields of grass and flowers swaying in a light breeze as birds chirped and sang to their hearts content.

A few hours had past by like flowing water, everything seemed so surreal.. only a week ago you were fumbling through hyrule without a clue of what you should be doing and now you were in a convoy amongst the best fighters eyes could lay on.
A feeling starts to swell inside you, one that had tried to surface when you looked at hyrule castle... failure.
Whatever the reason may be that brought you here.. it was evident that a bigger picture was being hoisted above you... and you couldn't fail.. no matter what.

A voice cuts through your thoughts making you look over your shoulder to see mipha besides you.
"(Y/n), revali said you need my assistance?"

You give a confused yet intrigued look at the rito who was now rising back into the sky, blowing loose leaves and grass violently outwards from his gale.

You look back at mipha
"He did?"

"Yes, he told me that you might be in pain from the octoroks attack yestetday"

Your eyes widen, the vail.. you mentally scream and curse yourself again.

"O-oh no, im ok.. really"
You give here a light hearted smile,
Miphas concern grew while holding out her hand towards your ribcage, it emitted a light blue mist that enveloped you.. something clicks in your head, seeing the mist.
Mipha pulled back suddenly in confusion.

"Whats wrong!?"

You watched nervously as mipha looked into her handsand them back at you.
"I-its nothing. Dont worry, (y/n)"
Mipha halts her horse, falling back to her previous spot, you watch as revali lands near her side, expecting good news.
He turns his head in your direction in shock with his beak slighly agape, you turn yours back to see the Colosseum ruins not far ahead.. you look back again to see the two whispering to each other, occasionally glancing at you.

You try to muster up some courage to ask what was wrong but a spine tingling roar erupts ahead of you making the caravan halt.
You recognised that roar... you direct Fortan to a raised perch next to the road to get a better veiw of what monstrosity could peirce the air with such a roar.

Your heart sank, in the entrance of the ruins, a silver lynel stomps menacingly out from the dilapidated entrance.
Its eyes never wavered nor twitched from its target.
No one knew who it may be.. but no one was going to stick around to find out.

The caravan spurs into a sprint, dirt gets kicked up, rocks shooting outward from underneath carriage wheels, you follow close as the wind and lingering dust stings your eyes.
You rub one with a free arm as another roar bursts across the land, threatening to pop your eardrums.
You clamp your eyes shut and wince through the pain.

"(Y/N), DUCK!"

You open one eye to see a shock arrow careening through the air, aimed straight for your forehead.
You duck, barely missing the shot as it digs deep into one of the carriages wooden frame.
You look to see the lynel charging towards you, you look back at the carriage besides you and back again.
In a split second you make the decision to distract it until the caravan was in the clear.
Since you were its target, you just needed to lure it away.

"Keep the caravan moving!"
Before anyone could argue, you pull the shock arrow out of the carriages frame, grab the reigns and pull Fortan from the road.

You were now in a head on collision with the lynel, your heart thumped and thrashed against your chest but something else was pushing you.
You were determined.

You hear the champions call out but you were to far away now to make out any words from it.
You arm your bow and ready yourself.
The lynel racks another shock arrow and lets loose on you, you haul Fortan to the right as the arrow zips past your face and return a shot back at it.
Another was already flying towards your shoulder, you were too slow.. it embeds itself into your shoulder and pierces clean through.
You scream, clutching the shaft of the arrow.
Electricity ran through your veins, locking your joints up momentarily.
Ahead of you was a massive dried up ravine that trailed along, cutting off the tabantha region from hyrules plateau, you had an idea as you looked at the still droping terrain that loomed behind the charging lynel

You passed the lynel barely and was now riding along the edge of the ravine and a deep one at that, the lynel was tearing up the ground as it bares down on you. Luring it away worked but escaping it was a completely different story...
You spin on Fortan and sit backwards, pulling out your bow and reach for the bomb arrow you had bought.

It became evident that the lynel had intelligence. It was avoiding the edge but at the same time, using it to corner you in.

Thats just as you planned.

You rack the bomb arrow and watch blue whisps of light envelop and lurk around its shaft.
You take aim.. breath in.. and let go of the arrow.

Time slowed down to a near halt as the bomb arrow collided with the lynels knee, making it crumple under its weight before clambering back up.

You didnt let it get the chance to, you start firing bomb arrows in quick succession as on blows up in its face making it arch up, let out a bellowing roar of pain.

You were getting better but you didnt let a breif victory take you off guard.
You repeat over and over in the back of your head. "Keep shooting!"

The lynel was thrown back and forth, left and right by the bomb arrows, you direct Fortan to arch around to the lynels side as it blindly charged forward.
With one last well placed shot to its torso as the lynel contorted and writhed closer to the edge, you hit it spot on.

A sickening crack followed by another ear piercing roar errupted through smoke, you caught a glimpse of the lynels hooves sink down into the ravine.

Then silence... you dismounted Fortan and peer over the edge to see the lynel was still alive and pissed.
It had its sword pryed into the rock, slowly climbing up and trying its best to use its hooves.

"ARE YOU CRAZY!?"

You look back to see revali had landed behind you, you open your mouth.

"NO, DONT SPEAK!"

you stand at the edge, mentally preparing yourself for an onslaught of insults and berating.

"Ive only known you for barely a day and you've already risked your life more than that mute hylian has in a month!

I dont get it.. do you not value your life at all!?
Or are you just stupid!?"

The air thickens as the two of you stare at each other. One had fire in their eyes while the others had been snuffed out.

"I dont.."

Revali's stern and authoritative demeanor had vanished as he watched yours change from a strong and independent being to that of a depressed puppy.

Tears try to force their way from your eyes but you stiffle them enough to answer more clearly.

"I dont see any value in my life.."
You let out a sad chuckle
"why would i..."

You still cluched onto the shaft which you could now feel a burning sensation around it as your shoulder throbbed.

You didnt want to hear what he has to say to that so you start walking and call Fortan to your side.

As you walk away with Fortans reigns in your good hand, revali waited to see if something would happen.. soon after nothing happened, he takes off, glancing down at you to make sure you were following the right road.
Soon you had caught back up to the caravan.
Your clothes soaked up a lot of your blood so you hadnt noticed how bad it was.