Chapter 3.6

"As you can see.. I'm busy right now so could you not?"

Revali kept his wing pressed on top of your notes.

"So, you're not busy enough to destroy the reputation Ive built?!"

You push back on the table, causing your chair the screech against the smooth stone slabs, spin and face Revali.

"Lets get one thing straight, you are the most obnoxious rito ive ever met and you have little to no respect for what anyone else does around you."

You stand and start poking his chest, keeping eye contact throughout, forcing him back a few steps.

"You walk and prance around like you're the next best thing, you poke and prod at Link like he's some muck you scrape off your heel and when he finally catches a break, one.. slither of an opportunity to feel like he's doing a good job when hes already got an entire nation silently relying and depending on him, you step in to sweep the rug out from under him and make him feel like he cant amount to anything!"

You poke again as Revali steps back again making him stumble into a chair behind him.

"And you wonder why I did that?!
Because you deserve to be set down a level!"

You step back towards your notes, pack up all of your belongings, leaving Revali a bit speechless as he stammered, thinking of something to say back to you.

You keep going.

"Dont get me wrong, top notch marksmanship but goddesses above, you are an awful friend."

You finished packing and with a familiar looking slate that glowed blue in one hand, you press something on its screen and slowly fade into blue.

Before you left, you had one last thing to say as you look back over your shoulder.

"Heres a little insight for you.
Reputation.. doesnt mean everything."

You drift away, breaking up into thin strands of string, waving and wisping up and through the cracks in the ceiling and slowly form in the main plaza.

Everything fades away and soon you were back on top of fortan, you had passed through most of the town.
Now you were passing through a second set of gates, then an impenetrable watch tower of sorts.
You ignore your trembling as you try to figure out how you even managed to 'escape' hyrule castle.

Either you stirred up an even bigger defence seeing how you slipped past who knows how many that live here or you really underestimated your skills.

Once again, before you knew it, you were all passing the food hall, you could hear laughter and the smell of various meats cooking.
You slowly pull back on Fortans reigns until you come to a hault.

Everyone else seemes to be busy, talking about the past few days.
You were too preoccupied with an odd feeling...
You walk in and to your suprise, it felt much more relaxing than 2 white pairs of moblins on either side while the place was in ruins.. you could see it now, tarps and decorations, torn and old as the tables were shattered into splinters.

On one side was a blazing fireplace with a few guards sat around it.
The other was like a mirror except the other fireplace hadnt been lit.

One of the gaurds call out to you, snapping you out of your thoughts.

"Hey!, this part of the castle is off limits, how did you even ge-"

You feel a hand land on your back lighlty, you turn to see link giving the gaurd a friendly wave who then relaxed.

"Oh Link, my apologies, i thought-"

He waves again in a reassuring manner and then takes a seat by one of the tables lining down the middle of the room.
The gaurd sits back down while Link gestures towards an empty seat.

You dont keep him waiting, taking the seat and staying in silence.

"Um.. thanks.. for.."

You look towards the gaurd who was now back to relaxing for a moment.
Link just brushed it off and started sign.

"Im going to be blunt."

You see a more serious posture emerge from Link, making you swallow a lump in the back of your throat.

"Go on?"

He takes a moment before continuing.

".... how do you know about those shrines from yesterday?"

Your eyes shoot forward, your heart started to pound against your ribcage.
The cat was out of the bag.

You didnt want to speak but something came to mind then.

"... if i tell you.. will you promise not to tell anyone just yet because... this will cause even more problems than you all have already."

Link rests an arm on the table, clearly invested and with a clear look that told you he definitely agreed.

You breath in deep, taking a few glances around you like someone were eavesdropping... and tell him all you can recall..

You started with the basic stuff.

How you came from another world, one which the world of Hyrule merely existed as a source of entertainment from one's dull and mediocre life.

From there, you gave a basic summary of every event you had technically seen but very poorly.

You skimmed past that since it was an overall mess to everyone.

Then, the shrines.

It was late in the evening by now, the gaurds that were sat by the fire had now gone to their next post as the now tired ones slumped in through the doorway.

"So, shrines... theres... 120 in total, not including the ones the champions will have to take on wich makes that.. 129, i think.. i assume you've already found a few?"

Link had been mostly silent which honestly creeped you out a bit, how could someone who chose to be mute, manage to be even more quiet.
He nods, still absorbing as much information as possible.

"And you've entered one?"

He nods again.

You open your mouth, ready to spill even more but the atmosphere suddenly grows thick.
The two of you walk outside.
The sky, what used to be gold and pink was now growing dark as the clouds sped up faster and faster, Link pulls out his sword, he looks at you.. dropping his gaurd, seeing how helpless you looked as you stared up.

Far up, high in the sky, was something you'd never forget.
The blood red moon.