Chapter 3.9

You look around, seeing absolutely nothing as you float.

Just as you try to recap on what just happened, your feet touch the floor.. but there was no floor, just more of the void.

You looked around for a sign, anything to work with but all you saw was a vast emptiness.

A small speck of light starts to shine.
You go to step forward but a force drags you back until you wake up.

Pain sweeps over you, making you wince and groan as you grip where the splintered wood impaled you.
It felt real and you could still feel it as you breathed.

With a throbbing head and ringing ears, you push yourself upright and get a good look at your surroundings.

Sheets covered every surface, dust clouded the room as the early morning light cascaded through a nearby window.. except the light was a deep blood red.
You look outside and see an explosion in the distance.
You make sure you had everything and make a mad dash for your horse.

Rushing down past the gaurd tower connecting to the town, you realise running wasnt going to work so you whistle loud, hoping Fortan heard it and was on the way.

As you sprint through the town, you hear brief murmurs from the townspeople but pay no mind to it and keep running.

Meanwhile in the plateau

A group of moblins and bokoblins were rushing down a hill, one stopped and lined up an arrow before letting it loose.
The arrow hit Daruk before he could summon his power, he had just landed a killing blow on a moblin.
Not long after, an arrow flies into the same bokoblin with a loud thunk.

"They keep coming!.."
Urbosa gives a swift hit from the hilt of her blade to a lizafos who tried to get the drop on her.

Suddenly another bokoblin jumps out from a nearby tree line and blows on a horn, causing another group of bokoblins to rush out from behind it.

It didnt last long as a number of bomb arrows rain down onto them, causing quite a display of destruction to erupt and soon die down to faint crackles of burning grass and wood.

Revali swoops down, trying to land but fails spectacularly, kicking up dust as he skidded across the dirt.

He propped himself up on one wing as a stray bokoblin survived the bombardment, ready to bring its boko club down into Revali's skull.

A spear then impaled it, pulling it away violently as it screeched.
Pinkish smoke lingered around as the champions took a moment to breath.

Mipha offered a hand to Revali who reluctantly took it.

"Thanks.."

Urbosa had just finished off the lizafos while Daruk was still on gaurd.

"I dont want to say anything yet... but i think thats the last of em' "

Urbosa spoke up.
"Please dont curse us.."

Revali sighed and spoke up too but with a depressed and sarcastic tone.
"Too late."

More bokoblins storm into veiw, some were silver and white but get cut off by a line of fire arrows, forcing them to skid to a hault.

You show up on top of Fortan from behind the champions, bow trained with another 3 fire arrows racked as Fortan haults and rears back.

You let them loose, one flies into a bokoblins skull while the others embed themselves into 2 of the bokoblin's chests incapacitating them shortly.

You slide off the back of Fortan and ready yourself.
The fire arrows soon extinguish and the remaining then sprint towards you, one jumping up high for a hard blow, another readied up a sloppy right swing and the last was pulling out its bow.

You pull out your sword and peirce the one midair, pulling it out and using a gale, you fly towards the unguarded bokoblin and swing up, cutting it clean in half.

With a final swing, you threw your sword at the last bokoblin who had only just gotten its bow ready.
Its grip loosens as your sword lays in its chest, falling to its knees before blowing up into a puff of pinkish smoke.

Your sword falls to the ground, the metal rang causing your head to throb harder.

"Hey, good timing!"

You turn around and freeze up apon seeing Daruk, the nightmare flooded your memory.
You freeze up, unable to talk.

"You feeling ok?"

You barely wave off the thought and smile.

"Never felt better, ... I just realised i didnt let Zelda know i left... she will not be happy with me.."

Mipha walks over to heal Daruk.
"Im sure she'll understand, you did help after all."

Revali spoke up, cutting you off before you could talk as he brushed off loose dirt.

"(Y/n), please tell me this 'blood moon' will end soon.."

You look at your sheikah slate and see the time.

"Riiiight.. now."

The deep red that covered the landscape faded, clouds cleared up and glowing fragments of strange ash flowing upwards faze from existence as the sun starts to peak over the horizon.

Urbosa sheathed her smictar.
"How convenient."