Chapter 2.1

The rest of the day flew by, you spent it trying to piece together what had just occured, it didnt help seeing as the last week has spun you on your feet, a light feeling of paper crinkling in your pocket distracted you.

"So.." you pull out the letter and take a quick glance at both sides, stopping suddenly after spotting a seal on the envelope, it bared the iconic triforce that was branded inside an outline of a hylian sheild stamped into a deep purple wax.

It felt weird seeing the wax stamp... you were probably the only person who has seen anything like this, there certainly aren't any letters in the game.

Even if it was just a letter, the significance behind it all made things feel much more real to you.
You take a moment, opening the seal to reveal a letter adorning beautiful calligraphy, it was short but there was two things that brought a slight twinge of worry and brought a concerning question to the surface.

One was a small tablet, after a small glance it was obviously a sheikah slate of sorts but it resebled a smartphone

And then the last line in the letter...

"I insist you meet me and the champions by the east entrance to the breach of demise as will be displayed on the sheikah slate, we will be waiting for your arrival

Zelda, Queen of hyrule kingdom"

'Queen!? Wait.. so king rhoam is... and the champions are still alive!
Has gannon already striked!? If so, did he win or lose?!'
You look around.. clearly he lost the first battle or there would be gaurdians all over, you knew that much at least.
Things started to click into place, despite it only confusing you more, a white rito.. teba!

So its 100 years past technically.. so theres a good chance hes still around... that brings up an even bigger question... when is he going to attack again?...

You lower your face into your hands, you were slowly giving yourself a headache, the last thing you needed was to be in even more pain.
You take a look at your tablet, there was nothing that looked out of the ordinary to you aside from its intricate design and stone like texture.
One button stuck out, you click it in and the tablet shoots to life, a familiar chim echos from it reminding you of the moments before you were brought here, the sound that came from your switch? It displayed a map, unfortunately it was all a dark blue, as if it still hadn't been synced with the towers and a yellow glowing blip nearby, it felt like the map was zoomed in obnoxiously, like muscle memory, you pinch two fingers and extend them against the screen, making it zoom out to show multiple outlines of the regions.
You were about to fiddle with the other features but the terrain starts to drop catching your attention.

Fortan trots slowly down a hill, you look up and think you were in another world within another world, you must be in the breach of demise... it looked barren and unaturaly dry as large, crackled bones tower from the ground... it was lushious with plantlife and trees only minutes ago but now it looked as if its essence itself had been torn out of its palms.. you look around more.. something made this and it was powerful seeing how deep the area was.

Speaking of which, you knew well that the area was swarming with enemies of many varieties and you were in no mood to fight so you spur fortan into a gallop and follow the blip on your slate.
Soon enough, you could see a crazy amount of people bustling about a mobile campsite, they all wore iron plating and weilded a shield and sword, some wielding two handed claymores.

You slow down and approach across a bridge, a number of guards line up and wait until youre close enough to talk, you wouldnt get the chance though...

Just after you dismount Fortan, an all too familiar and sickening laugh eminates across the landscape as 3 burly yiga clan members poof out of thin air.
A guard calls out behind him.
"Yiga clan!"
You watch as the clan members block your path across the bridge, two close in on your sides and hold their weapons, aimed at your head and waist while the other walks towards you, they weren't attacking... why weren't they atracking!? Soon it becomes clear as the one in front pulls out a spool of rope... oh..

"W-what do you want!?"

One answers back, one word leaves his mouth, freezing you in place..

"You"

An arrow flies through the yiga members skull, falling down face first, it took you a moment to piece together what happened as the other 2 fall in unison.

You step back, again you only just realise that you had drawn your sword and had it raised, ready to strike the clan member on your left.

You look up to see revali holding his bow firmly with another 3 arrows racked with link and urbosa not far behind, they catch up just as the other two hit the floor, you stand there for a moment, unable to string a coherant sentence together.

You get grabbed from behind followed by a blade pressed against your neck, someone demands the 3 drop their weapons, link and urbosa lower their weapons but don't drop them while revali doesnt even budge.

Your already curdling blood now seethed and writhed in your veins.
"Dont... dont you fucking dare... drop the bow.."
He gives you a glance before returning it to the clan member.
"Not in one hundred years.."

"You didnt let me-"
The blade sinks deeper as blood starts to trickle down your throat, you hitch a breath, trying to get through the pain... now the other champions had rushed over along with a hefty amount of guards, swarming one side of the bridge.
"-finish... if you dont drop the bow.. RIGHT NOW.. then ill drop you once im done with hi-"

The clan member whacks your head with the hilt of his weapon, you had only a slit second to pull it off but you had experience in this and you were pissed.. severely pissed.

You had your head hit down, before the blade could return against your throat, you throw back and smash the back of your head against the clan members mask, shattering it and making the member scream in agony.
The blade was about to be held against you again and tight so you follow up by lifting your body up into the air and throwing your legs even higher, you were literally about to flip this mans world upside down.

You throw your weight down and pull it off flawlessly as the clan member flings over your shoulder and down into one of the many logs that made up the bridge, the clan member jumps back up and lunges his dagger at you, you grab his wrist, twist it behind his back, swiftly disarm him and hop back away, holding his weapon, you toss it off the bridge, he practically growls at you and hops up with a spin to kick your head.

You raise your arm to block while planting your foot.
You anticipate the kick and parry it into a spin, raising your leg high and feeling a sickening crack reverberate along your foot, your adrenaline was coursing through your veins so you couldnt tell if it was your bones or his but you catch a glimpse of the clan member being thrown clean off the bridge by your kick as he flailed and spun in the air before splashing into the icy river bellow so it didnt matter now.
You kept glancing around for anymore attackers, you finally let your gaurd down after it fell silent.

You look up to see dozens of eyes on you, some with an impressed expression, some were shocked and the rest were either too tired or had already seen fighting like so.
The champions were both unfased by the fight itself but were suprised that you had all these skills hidden from prying eyes.

It took you a moment but what actually stirred up the crowd was that your little display actually made the rito drop his bow, just as he watched you annihilate the clan member, even if it was just a bluff you made... he was not taking any chances after seeing that.

It starts to rain and roar down claps of thunder and sparks of lightning.

You take advantage of your new found courage, breath in and break the silence.
"... sorry you had to see that..."