Chapter 7.4

"There are three slates.

Mine, link's, and then yours."

You kept looking at the slate, wondering what it could contain.
Before you could even ponder the thought any further, zelda speaks while looking you dead in the eyes.

"(Y/n).. there is something I have to show you, I promise to answer whatever questions you have.. but first, please watch."

She falters for a moment, looking at you one last time before finally pushing herself to press down on the slate, causing it to whir to life.

You watch as a holographic screen spread out from it and build up apon itself like a brick wall.
The first thing your eyes landed on was the bar underneath, showing segments that glowed brighter than the rest, like it were highlighting something it recovered.

You then look up at the screen and all became clear as you stared at a hula girl bobble-head in the midst of being shattered while sea water sprayed against the windshield of your boat.

"H-how.."

Everyone turns their gaze from the screen to you with baited breaths, unsure of what you'd say next.

"..How long have you known about this?"

Zelda, steading her shaking hand with the other.
"Not long after your.. evasive demonstration."

You pinch your nose, still regretting that decision.

"And how much have you seen?"

She keeps things simple, responding with only a couple words.

"Too much.."

After some time, you lower your hand from your nose and take a deep breath.
"I'm not happy to hear about this only now.. but I see where you're going with this."

She gives you a look of dread and shame but then.. confusion, as did everyone else.
Even some of the gaurds did too.

"Faron Woods... Hylia Bridge?
No-one knew where we were, it was pitch black, yet the others found us and came with a carriage.. seems like someone was all-seeing.. or someone simply saw what happened and dealt with it accordingly."

She simply nods afterwards, glad to know you understood the implication.

You then look up at the screen.
"Well?
You gonna play it or what?"

She presses the slate once more and it begins as Patrisha, Daniel and Lilith step closer, completely enticed as the waves of water crashed against the glass.

The bobble head continues to shatter and expand, then the glass behind it shatters and leaves a fairly sized hole.

It makes you reel to the side as you curse under your breath.

"Shit!
Both of you, grab a hold of something!"

You then turn the wheel hard, rearing the boat around a set of docks and down into a canal that passed under a bridge.
As you barreled down the canal, sparks kicked up along with ear piercing bangs, litting up the walls around you

A barge comes into view at the end of the tunnel, blocking the way out and forcing you to break and reverse until you halt.

"Why did you stop!?"

More sparks kick up and a woman wails before grunting.

You then look back with a deep fear settling in.
"A barge is blocking the way!"

A deep, rough voice booms out and echoes down the tunnel.

"Well ya better think of something quick, Ina is hit!"

"Hold on to her tight and be ready to patch her up!"

You spin the wheel again and turn the boat around, just barely scraping the sides against the tunnels walls.
You kept your gaze locked down towards the end of the tunnel, seeing two small boat silhouetted against the gleaming sunlight cascading inside.

You let out a shaken sigh.
"This is so dumb.. screw it!"

You slam the throttle lever down and let the engine roar as you shot towards the two boats ahead.
More holes erupt across the windshield, causing you to reel back and sheild your eyes from the shattered shards.

"(Y/n)!? What are you thinking!?"

It all felt as if time was stretched out into an eternity, watching as you helplessly sped towards your pursuers.

In reality, it was only seconds as you finally met with the two boats and slip into the middle, forcing the boats to the side and crash and crunch against the walls.

You look back to see if they were going to follow but thankfully they were uncoordinated as they slammed into each other, desperately trying to turn their boats around.
It was pointless as both began to sink below the surface as a few who got throw out clambered back onto the boats, causing them to sink faster.

You let out a sigh of relief and then call out.

"Pheonix! You're clear, patch her up!"

Just as it was getting interesting, the screen blurs for a moment, then it looses itself and falls into an endless static of hylian letters.

Just as everyone collected themselves, the screen lights back up to show you locked in combat with a man dressed in black and wearing a balaclava while slashing a knife and barely missing your throat.

You follow up by grabbing his wrist, taking a step in towards your attacker with a spin, finally leading to you flinging him over your back.

He twists his body and lands on his feet, causing your heart to lurch.
You let go if his wrist before he could retaliate any further.

He then steps outward, aiming his other foot towards your stomach but you take another step back as it reaches where you stood.

You grab it and push it to the side, causing his upper body to spin around towards you.
Before he could correct himself, you slam your forearm into his chest, throwing him onto his back and winding him severely.

You then spin on your heels and fall into a sprint as the screen flickers again before falling back into its static state.

"Holy shit.."

You look back at Lilith who's eyes were wide with her jaw hung agape, unable to process what she just watched.