13 - Dead

I jolt awake with a gasp. The upper half of my body flings off of my bed as I sit up and look around my room. All of my blinds are pulled shut except for the one that is to the left of my bed. I rub my forehead, remembering what happened the last time I was awake. How am I even alive right now? I groan at the question. I feel like I ask myself that question way too much. 

        I slump back against my headboard. I'm assuming Jordan brought me home. I reach for my cell phone, and as I had expected, I have over a dozen messages from my friends. It's odd to call Scott and all of them my friends when we don't all get along that well. I frown sadly when I don't see any messages from Liam.

        My bedroom door pushes open much to my surprise. Expecting to see Jordan, I am quite surprised to see Liam enter my bedroom with two steaming mugs in his hands. Liam smiles and walks right up to my bed. I push myself up a little more. 

        "Liam?" I say, surprised.

        His smile widens as he perches himself on my bed near my feet. "I heard your heartbeat speed up and I knew you were waking up. I made you some hot chocolate." Liam hands me one of the mugs. 

        "Thank you." I peer inside of the mug to see a bunch of mini marshmallows inside. "How- How long have I been asleep?"

        "A day and a half." Liam takes a sip of his hot chocolate. He shakes his head after lowering the mug from his lips. "You have no idea how worried I was when Scott carried you out of the school. He said the virus had affected you the most. I brought you back here with help from your cousin, Jordan. He's been at work this whole time, asked if I would watch over you as long as I, uh," Liam's cheek tint pink. "If I didn't try anything." 

        I grimace. "Sorry about him. Jordan has always been like a brother to me, so he's, like, double protective of me." 

        "I get it."

        I hold the mug in both of my hands. "What have you been doing here if I've been asleep?"

        Liam jabs his thumb over his shoulder. "I slept on the couch." He gives me a sly once over, suddenly making me nervous that I'm just in a set of pajamas in front of him. I pick up my tee shirt with an eyebrow raised. "Oh, I didn't change you." He rushes to say, cheeks turning red again. "Kira came over for a few minutes and helped out." 

        I nod my head. 

        Liam suddenly stands up. "Now, that you're up, you should probably get dressed."

        "Why?"

        "Scott needs our help."

        I fall to the side, burying my face in my comforter. "I feel like I'm always near death when we help him out or are near him." 

        Liam pokes my side, making me squirm. "I won't let you die."

X      

          Three white laptops lay on top of the table in Scott's house with each one of them in front of them. Liam and I stand on the other side of the table, our arms touching as we watch Scott, Stiles, and Kira. I worriedly glance at Liam to see if their plan is as ridiculous as I think it is. Unfortunately, Liam seems to be completely calm, like what we are about to do is completely normal. I mean, are we serious about to 'kill' Scott just to find out who the Benefactor is?

        "Is three enough?" Kira worriedly glances at Scott. Oh, good. I'm not the only one worried about this plan. 

        "Depends on how many cameras they have, but I think so." Stiles answers her, nodding.