12 - Reishi

I stumble over the ground, falling into the wall. Scott reaches out to stabilize me with a worried look casted on his face. I hold up a hand to show that I'm fine, but, truth be told, I feel this virus really messing me up. I don't know why it is affecting me the most, but I'm ready for it to be over. Scott leads me towards a wall, letting me lean up against it while the rest of the search for the entrance to the vault. 

        I take a deep breath through my nose, trying to find a way to calm down. I feel like I'm coming down with a huge cold, yet kind of like how I felt the night of the full moon. I don't feel out of control and switching personalities, but I feel as if I'm losing my mind. It's a weird feeling, a feeling I don't like at all. 

        I tighten my grip on Liam's jersey, bringing it up to my face. I hope he doesn't mind me using this. Liam helps me calm down and I don't have him right now. I hold the jersey under my chin, letting myself breathe in his scent. I feel myself relax a little bit, but not enough. 

        "Hey, guys!" Stiles calls out, standing beside a wall with engraving on it. "Look at the cracks in the wall. It's like the entrance outside, it only open with claws."

        I bring my gaze back to the jersey. "Liam, I need you." I whisper, squeezing my eyes shut. "I don't have my parents anymore and I need you." 

        Scott shoots me a sad look. 

        I avoid looking at him. A sharp pain explodes in my head, bringing me down to my knees while grabbing my head. Everyone looks my way, concerned, when I start screaming at the top of my lungs. My head feels, like, a hundred knives are stabbing into it while someone set off Disney fireworks. 

        Kira rushes to my side, picking up Liam's jersey. "Dakota, it's okay! It's okay." She holds the jersey out in front of me. "Just- think of Liam! He's your anchor, right?"

        I grit my teeth in attempt to stop the screaming. 

        "Take control, Dakota." Scott's voice drifts over to me. 

        I rear backwards, throwing my head back in a loud animalistic growl escapes from my throat. Kira stumbles back in surprise. Her mouth falls open and I can't help but wonder if my eyes are changing colors. My back hits the wall and I curl up in a ball. 

        I gasp for breath, confused. "What's happening to me?"

        Scott shakes his head. "I- I think the virus is affecting you the worst, like a mix of the full moon and the virus." 

        I hold Liam's jersey to my chest. "It feels like it. Can we just open this thing already?"

        Stiles looks back at the wall. "Anyone's claws, right?" He asks Scott.

        "Um..." Scott glances over at Malia, like he is trying to subtly hide something. "Malia, can you try?"

        "Why me?" 

        "I don't have control." Scott raises his right hand in the air, showing off his clawless hand. 

        "Okay. I'll do it." Malia shrugs, like it's no big deal. She points to both of them, not moving towards the wall. "But first, tell me what you've been hiding from me." Scott and Stiles share a look. "I know you think you're trying to protect me, but I can handle it. I know I'm on the list."

        Everyone looks a little relieved at her final words. Too consumed in my own worries and pain, I don't bother to question what's really going on here. 

        "Yes." Stiles nods.

        "So, how much?"

        "How much what?" Stiles questions, frowning.