9 - Garrett

A deadpool. A legimate list of supernaturals that someone is willing to pay to have killed. I'm not on it yet, but there's still another third of the list to be unlocked. I'm a- well, I'm something of the supernatural and I'm bound to be on that list. Stiles had told me before about the list, but now, it's really hitting me that people are dying. 

        The guys had gone back to the the locker room to get changed out of their lacrosse uniforms. Turns out Violet is an assassin along with Garrett. She had tried to kill Brett then tried to kill Scott when he interferred. Now, the school is filled with officers to arrest Violet and go over what happened here. I had found a spot in one of the hallways near the locker room, sitting on the floor. I can hear everything around me. Voices from all over the place are loud in my head. 

        Two officers pass by me, talking about the Orphans. That's what Violet and Garrett are called. 

        "Where's Kira?" Scott asks from another hallway, not too far from where I have been sitting for the past fifteen minutes.

        "She took off. Stiles told her about Lydia cracking the second part of the deadpool." Liam replies.

        Oh. That's where he's been. I was wondering where he went since we haven't met back up. 

        "Her mom's on it."

        "Everyone's on it." 

        "You're not." 

        "Not yet. There's still another third, right?"

        "Dakota's not on it either." Scott mentions my name. "Where did she go?"

        Liam sighs, his voice full of concern. "I don't know. I haven't seen her since we were all out on the field." 

                I lower my gaze to the floor. I should probably meet back up with them.  I just don't feel like getting up. Honestly, I'm blown away with how much has changed just by moving to Beacon Hills. I didn't know my life would change so much. My parents died in the car crash, I was bitten by Scott, which turned me into some kind of supernatural animal, there's a deadpool, and assassins are trying to kill us. 

        "Thermo-cut wires...A very unusual weapon, Violet." Agent McCall's voice comes from down the hallway around the corner. "Now, we've got a file at the bureau on something similiar, used in over a dozen murders."

          Maybe that's why she was asking about the car accident. Maybe Violet knew that there was no way I could have survived something like that. She must know my name is on the list. Were they planning on killing me soon?

        "I don't know what you're talking about. I just go to school here."

        "Maybe we should call your parents then. Oh, no...That's right. You don't have any parents. That's why they call you The Orphans." Agent McCall sneers. "We need to find her boyfriend, Garrett."

                I begin to push myself up to my feet, using the wall to help me up. The hallway has cleared up of officers. They have Violet now. There's no reason to stay behind. I concentrate on Liam's voice, trying to figure out where he went. I walk down the hallway that I had thought they were done to find no one in sight. How did they disappear so quickly? I head towards the doors. They probably went to the parking lot already. 

        My eyes adjust to the dimly light walkway to the parking lot. There's a single lamp out here and it keeps flickering on and off, like the bulb is going out. The sounds of shoes crunching dead leaves catch my attention from the side of the building.