21- Road Trip

Stiles huffs in annoyance when he jogs down the McCall's house stairs to find Liam and I waiting at the kitchen table. "Ugh, Liam, Dakota, go home."

I push away from the table I was leaning on, arms crossed. "No."

Stiles' eyes roll at my stubborness. He was the one to tell us that Kate and those freaking beserkers kidnapped Scott and Kira. He was the one to tell us that they were going to Mexico to get them back. There is no way that we are staying behind when they will clearly need our help. It will result in a suicide mission if they don't have more of the supernatural on their side.

"You're not coming with us." Stiles firmly shakes his head at the two of us.

Liam takes a step forward. "Why not?

"Because it's a full moon, right?" I guess, lips pursed. "You don't think we can handle it. Do you?"

Stiles rubs his chin with his thumb. "And I don't feel like driving all the way down to Mexico just to have you rip my throat out."

Placing my hands on my hips, I glare at the just as stubborn boy. "We're going. You're going to need all the help you can get and I already have Scott's scent."

"You can lock us up, right? Chain us down to the backseat or something?" Liam rushes to my side.

"You tore through the last chains, remember?" Malia reminds him.

"That was Liam." I remind them.

Stiles furrows his eyebrows. "You tried to kill Scott and had some kind of crazy breakdown."

"Are you forgetting that my parents had just died? That breakdown should have been expected."

"Yeah, no, you're not coming." Stiles grabs Malia's arm to usher her out of the house. "We would have to freeze you in carbonite to get you down there.'

Liam glances at me, desperately. "Okay, where do we get carbonite?"

Stiles presses his lips together, eyes squinting. "Seriously, you haven't seen it either?"

"Have you seen how crazy our lives are? How do you expect us to watch anything?" I narrow my eyes right back at him.

With his eyes still squinted, Stiles takes a step back towards the front door. Liam and I dart forward, refusing to not go with them. Scott and Kira need our help as well. What is Stiles going to do against a beserker? He can't find them.

"Wait! What if we put us in the trunk?" Liam suggests.

I wrinkle my nose. I'd prefer not to be in a trunk for the whole way down to Mexico.

"You'd get out of that, too." Malia says.

Stiles stands in front of us. "Liam, you've been a werewolf all of five minutes. And, you," Stiles waves his hand in my direction. "You're still learning new things about yourself everyday. You guys don't have to do this."

"Stiles, we're doing this. They are our friends, too." I smile at Liam, who nods in agreement with me.

Stiles sighs, rubbing the back of his neck. "Says the girl who hated Scott."

"Go through what I did and see if you wouldn't hate him, too." I snap. "And, if you haven't noticed, I don't hate him anymore. I'm willing to go to Mexico, risk my own life to save him."

Liam grabs my hand in his, probably realising that I'm growing a little angry. His thumb rubs across the back of my hand. "There's gotta be bigger chains, a bigger trunk or something. There has to be."