5 - Walking

"Liam!" I push through a group of teenage girl. I sprint down the hallway I just saw my friend disappear down. We're the only ones in the hallway now. "Liam!" 

        Liam whirls around, his blue eyes dilated that they almost look completely black. His chest is pumping up and down, as he tries to catch his breath. I race over to him, backpack bouncing on my back. After everything last night, Liam and I seem to have grown very close. He even made sure to walk me home and make sure that I was completely okay with being by myself. 

        "Hey, are you okay?" I secure my thumbs around the straps of my backpack. 

        Liam doesn't answer. Instead, he grabs my arm and urges me forward, his blue eyes focused on something behind me. I crane my neck around to see Scott bursting through the double doors I just came through. I realize why Liam is acting so strangely and allow him to usher me away. Stiles whips around the other hallway, blocking us off. 

        "Liam, hey!" Stiles shouts, pointing his finger at us. "Dakota!"

        Liam freezes, realizing there is no way around them. I scoot a little closer to him. Scott and Stiles kidnapped us last night. I want nothing to do with them. They are lucky that Liam and I agreed to keep everything a secret and I didn't tell Jordan.

      Scott holds up a hand. "We need to talk."

       "No, you need to back the hell up, okay?" Liam shouts at them, turning to Stiles, who has gotten even closer. "Both of you."

        "Can you just listen for one second, please?" Scott begs        

        I glance from Scott to Stiles, who has put his hands up. "Why should we?"

        "Liam, we're brothers now." Scott begins. "And, Dakota, you're my sister."

        Liam gives Scott a weird look. "What?"

        "Oh, God. That's..." Stiles mumbles from behind us.  

        "What the hell are you talking about?" I narrow my eyes at Scott. 

        Liam releases my arm. "We just met and you bit me."

        I hold up a finger. "Not to mention, you kidnapped us."

        "The bite- The bite is a gift." Scott says, like he is trying to word it correctly. 

        "Well, give us a receipt because we're going to return it." I snap, a bit of sarcasm slipping in my voice. 

        "Scott, stop. Please stop." Stiles walks around us to his friend, patting Scott's shoulder. Stiles jabs his finger in the air at the two of us. "You, you, we're trying to help you, you little runts." 

        "By kidnapping us?" Liam retorts.

        Stiles motions to Scott, his head moving around a little. "Just to clarify, Scott kidnapped you. Okay? I aided and abetted."

        Liam and I nod at him, like that makes everything okay. Stiles still helped Scott keep us hostage, meaning he is involved in this just as much. If the cops ever find out about this, I will drag Stiles into this, too. 

        "Guys, I've gone through this before. Something's happening to you, something big." 

        Liam rips the white bandage from his arm. Smooth skin is beneath the bandage, no sight of any bite marks or wounds. "Nothing's happening to me- to either of us. Nothing!" He taps my shoulder as he rushes out of the hallway.