11 - Virus

Jordan drives up to the school, putting his deputy car in park. Students swarm the sidewalks and front lawn of the school, spending their last few minutes with their friends or on the phone. From the corner of my eye, I can see Jordan watching me, like, he is waiting for me to say something. There has been so much going on recently. Jordan has been noticing that I've become a little more secretive. I can't tell him all about this. He'll think I'm insane. 

        Liam and I have grown even more closer if that's even possible. I think the fact that he almost died, scared the two of us so much that we are practically inseperable now. We've grown very protective of each other. Most people would hate being around each other so much, but it doesn't bother us at all. In fact, we love it.

        Jordan has even met him. He was a little iffy by the age difference, but three age isn't a big deal. I am a junior, though. That's not too bad. I would be a senior if my mom hadn't held me back in third grade because she thought I wasn't ready to move on yet. Liam and I aren't dating anyways, but I definitely want to be dating him. 

        "You know, your parents would be really proud with how far you have come." Jordan speaks up first.

        I swallow. If only he knew how far I really have come. 

        "You picked yourself up and not many people can do that. You're very strong, Dakota." Jordan slides his hands over the steering wheel cover. "Whatever is helping you get through this- hang on to it." 

        I lower my gaze to my feet. "I know."

        "Good luck on your exam." 

        "Thanks." I pop open the door, stepping out of the car. "I'll see you later tonight." 

        This weekend was quite eventful. Aside from Liam almost dying, Meredith, another banshee, killed her self, Violet was killed. There seemed to be a lot of deaths. I'm just thankful that Liam didn't die. 

        The hallway of the school is filled with a line of juniors, ready to get inside of the classroom for our exam. I fall in behind Malia, Scott, Kira, and Stiles. I sheepishly smile at the four of them as they all turn to face me. They were in mid conversation, but as soon as I stepped up, they had stopped. 

        Kira awkwardly glances around, like she is looking for something else to talk about. "Where's Lydia?"

        "She took it her freshman year." Stiles explains.

        "Does that mean I could have taken it some other time?" Malia crosses her arm over her chest.

        Scott turns towards the girl. "Malia, you studied harder for this than any of us."

        Malia shakes her head, looking not pleased at all about all of this. "Doesn't mean I'm gonna do good."

        Unable to stop myself, I blurt, "Well." 

        Malia furrows her eyebrows at me. "Well, what?"

        "Um," I glance at everyone else, awkwardly. "It's do well, not good."

        She throws her hands up in the air. "Oh, God! Okay, okay."

        "You're doing this because while we're trying not to die, we still need to live. If I survive high school, I'd like to go to college. A good college." Scott says. 

        I grimace. "I don't like the whole 'if' thing. If we survive high school?"

        Stiles shrugs his shoulders, facing me. "It's kind of a fact you have to face now. The supernatural makes everything harder. 'When' has changed to 'if' now. You should try to get used to it."