18- Date

I've never been into those cliche moments or anything, but right here, right now, I have never been happier. Aside from the fact that Liam's parents had found me in his room, the two of us curled up together. We didn't prepare on what we would do in the morning. Both of us were too shaken up over the fact that I was nearly killed by an assassin.

When his dad had walked into the room, Liam and I were tangled up in the sheets fast asleep, neither of us were prepared for his dad to start yelling. His yelling didn't sound angry, all he said was Liam's full name, but it was enough for the two of us to wake with a jolt. Liam had gone flying off of the bed, tangled up in the sheets. He had nearly brought me down to the floor with him, except I had jumped out of the way in time.

His stepfather didn't seem upset. In a way, I think he was kind of surprised and maybe even a little proud. Liam was quick to jump to his feet and explain that something had happened to me at my house and came here. He didn't go into detail. His stepfather didn't really ask questions, which really surprised me. Most parents would be freaking out if they found some girl in their son's bed.

And that's how I found myself sitting at their kitchen table with a now empty plate of pancakes in front of me. I was just a tad surprise when his stepfather had ushered us downstairs to the kitchen, where Liam's mother was busy making breakfast. She nearly dropped the pancake on the floor when I had awkwardly shuffled into the kitchen next to Liam, with his stepfather chuckling behind us.

Liam rubs the back of his neck. He had changed into normal clothes just before we had come downstairs and I can tell he is aching to leave. "Uh, well." Liam glances at me from across the table. "Dakota and I really need to get going."

His mom smirks at his dad. "So, Dakota will we be expecting you again tonight?"

I choke on the orange juice I was sipping on. Liam rushes around the table to slap me on the back. I feel the orange juice slide down my throat properly and I suck in a deep breath. I hold one hand to my mouth. "Um..."

His parents burst out into laughter.

Liam grabs my hand and pulls me up from the wooden chair. "Okay then. I think it's time we go before we both die of embarrassment." Liam shakes his head at the two of them. "Don't worry, I'll never do this again. You succeeded in embarrassing me. This was the perfect punishment."

His mother chuckles. "Well, Dakota, you are more than welcome to come by again, but we do have a front door."

I quietly groan. "It was nice meeting you guys."

Liam drags me out of the house while his parents yell that it was a pleasure to meet me. The door shuts behind us and we have exhale in relief. We head out towards the driveway, realizing that we don't have cars and will have to walk.

"Sorry about that." Liam runs his hands over his face.

I shake my head, softly chuckling. "It's okay."

Liam suddenly stops walking down the sidewalk. He grabs my arms, forcing me to stop as well. "How's your side?"

"Oh." I say, remembering the events of last night. I lift up part of my shirt. The cut in my skin from the dagger is healed for the most part, except for a white line. "It's almost done healing."

Liam brushes the tips of his fingers over the jagged line. "Thank god."

I drop my shirt back down. "Liam, something else happened last night." I look around the area we are to only find houses. We were headed to Scott's, but I feel like I should tell Liam first. "I know why I'm worth more."