7 - Showers

The halls are nearly empty as I waltz through them, headed for the boy's locker room that Liam told me to meet him in. The first scrimmage in lacrosse is tonight. I know with everything else going on, Liam is probably freaking out over tonight. The way we acted the night of the full moon even has me worried about him playing tonight. What if he loses control? 

        Just before I can reach the locker room door to knock, an angry growl echoes throughout the hallway from behind the shut door. Without a moment of hesitation, I bust through the locker room door, racing inside. "Liam!" I shout, whirling around a corner. 

        An older man, appears to be in his mid twenties, has one hand around Liam's throat pressing him up against a row of metal lockers. Liam is squirming around in the man's grasp, claws extended. His eyes glow brightly in the poor lighting of the locker room. 

        "Let him go!" I shout. 

        The man's head whips around in my direction. For a split second, I'm taken aback by his impeccable good looks. Liam growls once again and I force myself back to reality. With one hand, my claws fully extended, I grab the man's arm that is locked around Liam's neck. With a strong pull, the man almost loses his grip. 

        The shoves me to the side with a strong shove with his other hand. I fall down on my butt, sliding a few feet away. A low hiss, much like a cat, sounds from my throat, nose twitching a little. Liam reacts more violently when he sees what the man did to me. Two hands from behind me help me stand back to my feet. 

        "Dakota!" Scott says in a mix of urgency and calmness. His right hand remains on my shoulder, keeping a tight, yet gentle grasp on me. 

        Like a flick of a switch, I calm down, returning back to my normal self. I glance at my hands, my nails back to my original length. Liam is still out of control, being held down by the unknowned man. I sharply glance from Scott to Liam. Scott pats my shoulder and walks towards Liam, leaving me to stand a few feet back. 

        "Liam." Scott says a few times. 

        After a few seconds, Liam's face transforms back to his human self, no trace of werewolf to be found. He heavily glares at the man holding him up against the lockers. Liam's eyes dart to mine, a question in them asking if I'm okay. I nod once. 

        "You're right. He is angry." The man comments, smirking. 

        Liam angrily jerks around, still pinned. The man swiftly steps backwards, stepping out of Liam's way as he falls away from the lockers, landing on his feet. I push past Scott, worried for my friend. Liam has pure anger on his face, but I can see him fighting to keep it under control. 

        Scott holds out a lacrosse stick. "This one's yours." He tosses it and Liam catches it easily. 

        I stand beside Liam, glaring at the man and Scott. "What the hell is this?"

        The bell rings throughout the school. 

        Scott nods at us. "Get to class." He says instead of answering. 

        "You have no control over us." I snap. 

        Liam grabs my wrist with his free hand, dragging me towards his locker. 

        The man holds up a hand. "Wait a second." We turn back to see his gaze locked on me. "Dakota, right? Stay here for a second." 

        I worriedly glance at Liam, not understanding why the man would want me to stay. Liam turns to Scott, who nods. The hand on my wrist disappears as Liam leaves me alone with the two boys. I nervously swallow. "What?"