Chapter 6

~Scarlett/Sera~

"Her Highness, Sera, the Soul, the reincarnation of the pridian paramount Freya, is entering the Court of Light." The gatekeeper announces me. 

"The Goddess, the provider, the Supreme Atarah, Merlita, is entering the court." he announces next.

"The Court rises and bows deep, their hand on their heart. I know they are bowing to me, I came here as the heir and not as my mortal self. I am radiating roux, the red I wear. I am dressed from head to toe, in Freya's outfit. 

"Today I shall make two announcements." Merlita announces once she reaches her throne, the highest of all thrones. 

"First, I welcome the Heir, to the court. I shall announce her reign from this day on. I may remain on the throne until the war ends but the Atarah is hers to serve now." 

Darren shoots up with anger, "non-sense, someone kick in some sense into this woman." How dare he.

"Darren!" My voice booms. "How dare you address the Goddess with such unethical and disrespectful way!" I say, my voice thundering. "You can't tell me what I do." 

"Darren Alsiris Damen! I shall not be asked to repeat! You shall control your tongue before I turn you to ashes. Don't forget, I do know who I am now! Years from now your actions created a new timeline. Your actions are nothing but destructive. I announce immediate impeachment of The King, Darren Alsiris Damen!"   

"Your Majesty! Calm down. I agree, the King broke protocol but think of the chaos this action will create, The mankind below will face massive strange happenings in the sky. And they can't be risked for the sake of a foolish king." Alastair tells me. 

"I understand your opinion Alastair, it gives me pleasure to see at least you are doing your duty as the Defender of Mankind." I tell him. 

He begins to arm himself with his sword.

"don't forget your limits, Darren." I snap at him. 

My anger is growing, I can feel it, my wings as a reaction to this, elate me, my voice starts echoing, 

"I declare war. Seven menses from today, we'll meet in the Warland. Worship Elide as much as you want now, you and Shylock will pay for what you took. I, one who's born of fire, declare the war for the welfare of my people and the Mankind that depends on us. No one shall cross with the decision, anyone who does shall prepare for the outcome treated equally as treason."

My eyes are full of rage and for the first time I thank Darren since this aggression comes to me because he cursed me. Had it not been the curse I would never have called for my duty and impeached him.

"All those who remain in the court will from hereon be looked as the enemy of the welfare of the Court of Light. Merlita, I call for you to stay back and stay impartial to any sides." I say and leave the place.

*****************

I am back in the forest. I think they left once they got to know I went to the court. I simply open a portal and walk through it. It takes me to my house. I walk into the threshold and knock. Sam walks out and smiles once she sees me. 

"Scar!" She beams and I smile at her. "Did mom ring you?" she asks me. "Yeah she did, why?" This is odd.

"Oh nothing, I was just wondering why she hasn't checked on us yet. Are you hungry?" "Umm, not really, until it gives you trouble to cook something for me." I laugh. "You are such a brat!" She coos and I laugh even more. "That too is because of you, you brought me up." I laugh harder. 

"Hey! I ordered a pizza but the guy couldn't deliver it, he said he was unable to enter the house I had to go out to get it in. Something funny happened." So Shylock did try the petty thing.

"What?" I say genuinely curious. "He tried to give me the box but couldn't so I asked him to keep it on the steps so that I can pick it up. He said he felt a current. Do you think I have a shock wave going on inside me?" She giggles. "Nah. I just think he was stating the obvious, he couldn't handle the ugly." I laugh devilishly. 

She gets up and comes back with the box of pizza. "Thanks." I murmur. we obviously divide the half of pizza into halves again and eat it while watching T.V..

"I am going to my room. I have homework."  I make an excuse and leave her engrossed in the movie we were watching. 

My phone rings and I go to pick it up. "Hello?" I say. I bring the phone away from my face to see the caller ID. "Hi Iris!" I say.

"Hey Scarlett! I was just calling because he was pestering me to call you up and confirm if you are back. Also because am interested in knowing what happened up there. Oh one more thing Sheldon knows Eric is not just a mortal." She says. "Shall I answer your questions now?" I ask, smiling. 

"Yeah. Yeah that's all I had to ask, go on please." "Okay, so yes am back from the Court. And we have a war 7 menses from today. Merlita will remain impartial and will not be a part of the war. Darren is our enemy, we have some additions to the army. Alastair, reds and a few million Alcalds and Star warriors on our side. And to the last part, tell him not to worry, he should meditate or something I guess." we both giggled and I hung up.

I go to my desk and use my magic to do all my homework. I am missing dad. I mean he used to know if I used magic to do my work. His was the only subject I did fairly. I wish he was here today.

***********