Chapter 13

~Scarlett/Sera~

It's been an hour I came out after having a shower and ever since Sam's blabbering and not letting me go. This mad woman can speak for days on end, if given a chance. Ugh this woman is driving me crazy!

"Would you breathe for a minute, sissy?" I snap annoyed. 

"I know you are really obsessed with this Ulmer guy in your class but I need to go out or I'll pass out here! I am famished Sam!" I pouted. She looked at her watch thought a moment before nodding. Odd.

"I think we can both make some good out of a burger." She smiles at me. Weird. 

We walk out of my door hand in hand. The moment we walk out I find myself flabbergasted!

The hall is decorated in blue. All of it is calming. There are orchids and balloons and wait is that snowflake! He literally did this? 

"Am sorry Sera." He comes out of the kitchen. "I overreacted." I smile sheepishly. 

"What's this calm about, though?" I finally ask him once I find myself caged in his arms. "Just a metaphor to what happened to me before. I was enraged. And that's not the surprising thing. The surprising thing is Shylock stopped by and was polite."

I look up at him, he nods. "he's plotting, again." we both say in unison.

We have some good time together and I look at Sam enjoying herself watching a movie. 

"I just wanna keep her out of this mess, Shalom." And he tightens his grip around me kissing my hair. "Don't worry 'bout that." 

***********

"Shalom, we need to rush. We really have to. I have this feeling. Shylock is somewhere here." We were having a good time until I felt his aura around us at around four in the morning. He didn't do anything at that time thanks to the spell Nat, Moon and I put.

"But why?" Shalom asks. "Trust me I have that question looping in my mind since four 'o' clock.

"Is everyone here?" I ask out loud once we are safe inside Shalom's house, given the fact his parents are held hostage by Darren and co. and that there's a free pass to Shylock, the douche to come stop by.

"Yep." Roland answers. I fire up the lamps and we settle in the main hall. I have always liked this area of Shalom's home. The single hung windows, wide opening to the backyard and a just a lot of space in the middle. Cozy sofas by the fireplace and couches by the window. Just a comfortable feeling due to the lingering smell of books thanks to Shalom's insistence of having a book shelf just by the cozy couch I chose to cuddle in for the time being.

"What if he tries to sneak in, like in see through get up?" Peter questions. "Umm we are at advantage here, the flooring is wood, it will creak if anyone moves, I made sure of that." Rose the master of sounds clarified.

"But why did he stop by earlier? Like just to say hi to his eternal enemy?" Kenn asks. "Well that's what we are wondering. Paying Shalom a visit just to know if the war threat was real and all and then just stalking us like a creep, I don't think his intentions are innocent." Trish states.

"His intentions were never really innocent. Trish, do you think you might be able to track down any stars in the town?" Shabin says out of no where. "Wait, what's this about?" I ask.

"Join the dots Sera." Shabin looks at me. "What?" I am not following. "Sera, the Sky lifetime move? His classic? He shows up, behaves nice, confuse you, creep you by stalking you and makes sure its obvious and then strikes with something big? Last time had ended with petrified souls." Oh my.

"Figured it out too quick, Music." Uh-oh, dialing 911 Court of Light. Shylock. "What do you want now?" I snap at him. I can't handle him anymore.

"Peace lady, peace. If I were you I would pipe down and actually hear out the peace treaty." He winks at me. Great. I am sure we have some temperature drop just now, despite my presence. 

"You don't wanna provoke me, Shylock, not at the moment when I know who held my parents hostage." Shalom grits his teeth. 

"Whoa-Whoa, why are you all so uptight? Anyways, here's the deal, anyone of the main eight, that is, Shabin, Iris, Mary, Nova, Ion, Eric, Sheldon and you, darling, to come fight me. One to one. You win, I release the hostages, I win, well the full stop to the life of the opponent will suffice. Don't worry, you have time to decide, until the next sun dawn." and he vanishes.

"Okay, guys, there are many ways to free our parents but fighting a cheat like him is definitely not it. Look, I know, there's adrenaline rush, too much anger and frustration and also an urge to kill him, probably strangle him to death is what's it exactly is, but no one is going to combat. 

And this is not a request. He is as cunning as a fox while evil all the same. This peace treaty is his plan to get under our skin get us worked up and distract us. 

He knows what the other seven means to each one of the main eight as he quoted. If anyone goes down we lose the battle. Emotional turmoil is something we don't want, not right now at least. Please do not dwell on this." I try to cool them down, but who am I kidding, tell me am not tempted to rip him apart myself.

We all fall silent for a little bit. But I must say Moira must really love to torture me to make my worst nightmare come true. Someone speaks up.

"I'll go."