Chapter 16

~Sheldon/Shalom~

"It's gonna be okay, Sera. He's gonna be okay." I tell her for the second time since last night. It's afternoon now. Shabin's gone for 3 hours now. I to be honest I too am starting to worry.

"Introduce yourself." Nat orders.

And in a moment, all of them rise to stand straight with their heads held high with pride.

"I am Supreme, I lead, Your Majesty." He steps forward and bows and steps back to his position.

Sera nods. And looks forward. "I am Nathan, the Contriver, I strategize, Your Highness." He bows too and backs off. 

The mains come forward and introduce themselves and she looks at them with her evergreen stoic expression. She smiles a little every time they bow and nods to let them know of their acknowledgement. 

"Forgive me for the intrusion, but might I know what is our potential option as a plan, Your Majesty?" Contriver asked. And I notice the ten thousand something behind look up in anticipation.

"I would like to know your name." She asks ignoring his question.

"Contriver, Your Majesty." He answers, nervously. She senses it and walks to him. Holds him by his shoulder and makes him look at her. He looks up surprised. 

"I asked your name, not your position, Uncle Nathan." She smiles.  He looks at her, amazed.

"You are the Goddess, why would you call me Uncle?" He asks her. She smiles a little and sighs. "Uncle, my crowing does not change a thing. You are and will always be my Dad's friend. And it definitely doesn't change the fact that you are elder to me, and I must respect you and not vice versa. You can call me by my name, uncle, please don't make me feel how great this distance between the commoners and me is." She confesses earnestly. 

I can see her worries behind her smiling face. Shabin. 

I need to find out, everything about Shabin. I need to focus. "I'll be back soon guys. Continue, I'll catch up later, alright?" Mary nods a bit and I take my leave.

Shabin. 

Focus Shalom, focus. A picture starts forming. Blurred but still there. The picture clears. Shabin is fighting him. I spot Sera's mortal parents and mine behind him. He did what she asked him to. 

He's injured. And tired. Well I think Shylock got his deal of wounds too. He looks annoyed. He must really be having a hard time with Shylock.

"What are you doing to me!" Shylock yells, huffing. "Well, Freya was smart and so is my sister." Shabin smirks. What the hell is going on?

"Its not fair! Combat does not allow this! You are playing tricks!" He shouts. "Oh that? Umm well Shylock you should have known that after the events that happened in the past with Freya's brother, I think she made few changes and alterations to the rule book." He grins.

Rule book? Tricks? Freya? What is going on? 

"You don't know, Lockie? Oh no worries I'll tell you. After what the previous Shylock aka Lockie did to Freya's brother she was devastated but when she got it together she managed to make amendment to the law. 

The law about tricks as you say, states, any participant of the combat must not use any magical source to fight except magical weapons provided by birth or gifted. 

And that's it dear Lockie. And if I think the way you do, compelling someone can be my weapon since my sister slash the Goddess gifted it to me today morning. 

So Freya altered the rules, my sister twisted them for use. And as for my knowledge thanks to dad, you don't have compulsion as a power. So I win. Now if you may, please take out your weakest weapon." He smiles devilishly, in his language, grins slash evilly. 

He discharges the weapon on him and- "Sheldon can I have a second please?" Someone calls me. Shit! I was this close to know who'll win. 

"Sheldon? You there?" I look back, still in a daze. "Hey, are you okay? I mean you looked flushed." Roland worries. 

"I am just fine, was just trying out something. You tell me, all fine?" I smile at my friend.

"I don't know, Shely, like I am worried for Shabin. I am just wondering if you could, you know, look into the combat field or something?" Wow. Curiosity killed the cat. Huh. "You know you just blew that up for me." I pout.

"I don't understand, stop throwing tantrums Shely, just, ugh you are such a pain!" I look at him with an annoyed expression.

"I was doing just that when you popped in and it went away." I clarify. He looks in anticipation. "Well... What did you see then?" 

"A piece of advice, don't mess with the brother sister duo. Freya, Sera's true soul, altered law, while Sera twisted the same and helped Shabin by giving him compulsion ability." I elaborate. He gulps. "You mean they double-crossed Shylock and...well by evil plotting?" I nod.

"I swear I saw her smirk evilly after he left." We hear Ion. I look behind and see him having a sly expression.

"She did protect him. I wonder how is it being her. You know, with all this and all that going. Yet here she is. Speaking of which reminds me, it's your birthday soon." Ion grins at me.

"Hell am in already." Roland smiles. My smile fades. "Guys, we didn't celebrate her birthday. We won't celebrate mine. No way in hell. We'll have all the celebrations after Darren's dead." I confess with a serious expression.

"Well let's see what others have to say." Is all Ion has to say.

"Well let's-"

"SHYLOCK!" we hear Sera's roar. I swear I see the sky darkening. Please Shabin, don't be dead, I beg you.