Chapter 30

~Sheldon/Shalom~

"Are you ready?" Roland asks me. I nod at him, looking away. "Are you sure?" Kenn presses me further. "Guys I am fine!" I snap and turn my back at them. Eric comes around and faces me. "Look at my face and say it, then. Sheldon, Mr. Rector had warned you of some unwanted sacrifices and all of us know how that affected you." 

"Ric, I don't know man. I have a feeling this war will not give what we will fight for." He pats my shoulder, "Don't worry Sheldon, we've got your back." The three of them say in unison. I nod at them and smile a little. 

I look up at the sky, I wish Shabin was here. He always said the right things when I was this afraid. 

"Don't worry, am sure he would have kicked your ass for being a chicken." They try to lighten up my mood.

**********

"Do you think we are ready?" I ask Sera. "To be honest, I am a bit nervous and I have my doubts but I just can't let that affect my faith and trust in the capabilities of my people." She smiles at me and wraps her hands around mine.

"Should I worship you or laugh at you for being such an idiot?" I chuckle while she pouts. 

"Army, present!" I hear Contrive command the army. He must have sensed Sera's presence. I hear the thumping of the army's feet in synchronisation. The Right and the Left shouting their commands at the army. 

Everyone, including me, had joined the army leaders before Sera arrived. Sera enters the area our vast army has taken over, and all of the Alcaldes in perfect synchronisation, bow down on their knees. I simply stand in the corner with my hand over my heart, after all she is the Goddess and no one is above her not even her equal.

"Rise, my people, rise with honour." I
She acknowledges them, that's the thing she does everytime. She makes it knows that she has high respect for the army.  

"We have come to inform you that your wait has come to an end. The moment we were all waiting for has come, Elide has appeared." Moon announces.

This cracks a wave of whispers and murmurs amongst the army. I can see she is starting to lose her temper as they refuse to discipline their gossips. 

"Silence!" I shouts as I see roux trying to break free of her. She nods a thank you at me. I smiles back in acknowledgement. Silence falls over the crowd as they notice her almost enraged after I yelled. 

"The war commences after half a month. Prepare your weapons and sharpen your skills." She announces and leaves. All of us accompany her to the our meeting point turned into practice zone. 

Sword stands, shields, bow and arrows, spears etc decorate the area. I instantly change into my war attire.

"You ready Shalom?" She smirks at me. "Hell yeah I am!" I wave off a confident smile as I summons my sword and shield.
She summon her sword and shield. She looks at her sword, her face displaying her emotions. I watch her go back to her memories of when Shabin had got her the sword and shield. 

"Don't tell me, you are gonna use this old sword in the battle! It won't last a strike." I hear Trish. Ugh! Trish doesn't even know what this sword is capable of.

"Ready, love?" I call out to her. "Try me." She smirks and I attack with my sword. The rest of the stars are standing around us, surrounding us.

I strike at her, with the corner of my eyes I can see that Trish is smirking. Well let's see how long this smirk lasts.
She defends herself and then as sneaky as she is she ducked and afforded a hard strike on me. I merely overcome that strike when she gives me another shocker.

I duck and make a high strike. She takes that on her shield and pushes me back.

She turns and swings her sword into a low strike.
I defend myself with my shield. "Let's level up" she speaks over the clashing of the metal.

I nod at her and we both unfurl our wings and rise in the air. Our respective auras lightening up our surroundings.
She discharges her fury to her sword and her weapon just like her hands understand what she wants and strikes at me.

"Whoa tigress, take it slow!" I yell earning a chuckle from her.
"Not today, love. Your friends have pissed me off." She flies higher and swings her sword in ways I could only want to.

I give up the sword and summon my weapon. My lightening bolt.
I let my ice lace it with my stoic. I discharge my ice at her and there I see, her fire and my ice uniting in the most beautiful way.

She looks at me and we both strike at each other at the same moment.
"I'll let you win today." I smile at her and attack her with all of my strength.

She takes that on her sword's blade gracefully. And there I invited my defeat.
With one low strike she unarmed me throwing me off to the ground.

"How is this even possible! With this trashy old rusty sword! Sheldon must have let her win definitely." Trish scoffs again.

"This sword is not any ordinary sword, Trish. And mind you, in my presence, I will not bear anyone disrespecting the Goddess." I warn.

"Which Goddess, Sheldon?" She scoffs again.
"Sera is the Goddess, Trish Yeri. And I do not think I need to remind you that you are her subject and are bound to respect her even though your heart is filled with hatred and envy for her." I grit my teeth.

"She is just a spoilt brat who is not capable of being our leader!" She shouts. I grab Sera's hand and pull to face Trish.
"Start standing up for yourself, Scarlett." I scold her as I see her chickening out of the argument.
She looks in my eye for assurance and I try my best to reassure her.