First and Last?

Chapter 10 

First and Last?

A/N: I guess a perfect song for this chapter is "Dagger." Go on, I linked the vid there, just play it. (;

ALEX.

Waking up at 4 am isn't my forte.

Starting the day that early isn't, either.

Okay, maybe an hour later, but not like THIS.

Nathan, however, was fully dressed and showered (who knows where this guy gets his clothes), and was now mowing down a bowl of Cheerios.

"Morning," He greets, rather sullenly, looking up at me curiously, brushing the tangles out of my horrible morning hair. (which hadn't improved, even if I already took a bath.)

"Morning. Well you're up early," I remark, trying to get the last one out, brushing furiously.

"Couldn't sleep that well," he replies, fishing out the last bit of cereal.

"Oh. I can see," I say, finally taking notice of the dark bags under his eyes. Poor Nath. He's got a long day ahead of him and he looks tired.

Which reminded me:

It's departure day.

My heart crawled to my throat. The house suddenly felt colder, lonelier without them wreaking havoc in the house.

"I don't wanna leave," he grumbled, staring at the table.

I sighed. "You have to. Your fans have been worrying about you for weeks now, I think they deserve an appearance."

For a brief moment, his eyes twinkled. But in a split second, they turned cloudy again.

"You really can't come?" He asked quietly, his eyes boring into the depths of my soul.

I shook my head. "Trust me, I would love to, but I can't. This is Stanford. I've dreamt of it since I was in sixth grade."

A flash of hurt appeared in his eyes, making me crumble.

"I'm sorry, Nath," I said, my voice cracking. "Please understand."

This is exactly why I hate getting attached to someone too quickly.

I remembered the first time we talked. He was an asshole, he hardly had any respect for me. Then the plan was formulated, the accident came, I became confused. In three weeks, he became a completely different person. He was back. We actually had fun around each other. The bastard who had passed out in my car wasn't there anymore.

Then the "You're-leaving-and-continuing-your-summer-tour" bomb was dropped, and suddenly, we only had three days left.

I had the privilege of meeting Nathan Sykes, befriending him, and spending quality time together.

Not only that, I fake-dated Jay McGuiness, threw out Tom Parker's and Max George's underwear, and witnessed Siva Kaneswaran's ways.

What if all that vaporized into thin air the moment they step on that tour bus?

Damn. That would hurt badly.

I pushed the thought away and cleared my throat. I didn't need more depressing thoughts.

A loud honk echoed inside the house.

"Big Kev's here. Let's go."

~

An hour later, after a whirlwind rush of lost phones, the beer stash, and zipping up bags, we sat in the waiting area of the airport. The plane was bound to arrive in two hours.