The Heart Vacancy Girl

Chapter 8 

The Heart Vacancy girl

Hellooo. So yeah, I got a lot in store for you. When you see the *, I suggest you start playing "Heart Vacancy." Adds to the moment. (; Oh, and "I'll Be Your Strength" in the ** part, okay? (:

~

ALEX.

"This feels really new to me."

Nathan remarked, giving his now cast-free arm a gentle swing, looking at it curiously.

"Don't move it too much, you'll break it again!" I replied, chuckling.

He laughed. "What do you say, since I got only two days left before tour and seeing you, and I'm out of my cast, which is a bonus, why don't we frolic around somewhere and take the day off?"

I looked at him incredulously. "What? Day off? Don't you have arrangements to do today? And shouldn't you be packing already? The boys are back at the hotel."

He gave me a dismissive wave of his hand. "Oh, psh. I can take care of that sooner or later. Sooo.. Whaddaya saaaayy?"

I thought about it for a while.

"Alright," I reply, causing Nathan to break into smiles. "I know this great place. Do you have extra clothes or something?"

"How about we hit your house first, grab a few essentials, and go wherever that is?"

"Sounds good. Let's get kickin'!"

All these happenings and it's only 11 am. I got a long day ahead of me.

~

As soon as we reached my house, Nathan and I stuffed everything in duffle bags, packed a few food items in a picnic basket and changed clothes. We hit the road in five minutes flat.

"Where are we heading, anyway?" Nathan asked.

I smiled. "I'm kidnapping you."

The bodyguard and Nathan gave me weird looks.

"Just kidding," I said, laughing. "Calm down. I know this great spot on the beach. We have some sort of hut there. Plus, it's pretty peaceful too. Not much people go there."

He shrugged. "Alright. I guess that would do."

"Oh, it will. It's a really great place."

We sat there in comfortable silence until we reached the place.

"There.. Pull up right there." I say, pointing to a large hut facing the glittering sea.

It was a particularly sunny day, the cool breeze blew gently at our hair, the familiar sea smell in my nostrils. The sea glowed blue, with no sign of pollution.

"Wow," Nathan breathed out, looking around at his surroundings. "You were right. This place is amazing."

"I know," I grinned, dumping my bag at the porch of the hut. "Just place your bag here and we'll start setting up."

We spread out the picnic blanket underneath two palm trees that provided us enough shade. We sat there, talking and laughing endlessly, pigging out on PB&J sandwiches and pizza. It was 3 pm when Nathan decided to go for a dip.

"You wanna come?" He said, offering his hand.

I shook my head. "No thanks. You go, I'll be fine here."

"Oh, come on," he replied. "I might drown or get cramps and you'd be too far to help."

"Right," I laughed. "Fine, I'll go."