Hopeless Case

Chp. 2 

Hopeless Case

ALEX.

Becca passed out on a beanbag within an hour of nursing Nathan. He had a pretty bad gash across his jawline (which needed a few stitches) and a bruise on his forehead. Getting him up the stairs and into my bedroom was tiring enough, but performing first aid?

Lucky for this guy, my parents trained me basic 'life-saving' stuff. And his cut wasn't too deep to rupture an organ.

I sighed and started stitching him up. This is gonna leave a mark.

At about 1 a.m., I finished cleaning him up. I managed to dig up a decent pair of PJs and change his clothes without peeking. He smelled a lot better, given that I gave him a sponge bath (which was the hardest task of all. I'm a girl for Pete's sake, it was so awkward!). And finally putting him into bed.

Next problem?

Becca.

I'm the nanny for the night.

At three a.m., I finally got myself some rest. Luckily too, my parents weren't coming home until tomorrow night.

Maybe, just maybe, I can sleep easily tonight.

~

"Alex... Alex?" Becca whispered, shaking my shoulder.

I blinked.

"Oh, good, you're awake," She said, letting out a sigh of relief. "I'd hate to leave you alone with Nathan, but my mom called me up, saying my sisters need babysitting."

Wait, hold up.

She's leaving me?! Oh god, No!

"What... You're leaving me?" I squeaked, feeling very much awake.

To my horror, she nodded. "I'm sorry, Lex, but my mother's gonna kill me. You know her, right? Oh, about last night...."

I sighed, wanting to jump out of my bedroom window. "It's fine. I can handle him, don't worry. I'll take him back to wherever he came from."

She gave me a wan smile. "Please, don't murder him, okay? He needs a little.. um, attitude adjustment. I know you have a good soul."

I glanced at the guy soundly sleeping next to my bed. He looked so innocent.

Well, they told me to not judge a book by its cover.

"Attitude adjustment? You're kidding, right?" I replied, praying to all the saints I know.

Again, she shook her head.

"You're a tough girl," She said, winking at me. "You can handle this. You're Alex Meyer! Beautiful, but dangerous. You'll have him under your spell in a snap!"

I shook my head, chuckling. "I told you, I can manage, it's just for a few hours. And no, I won't murder him, no matter how much of a bastard he is. Now, get out, I won't hurt your beloved."

She giggled. "Fine. Bye Lex!"

I sighed. It was still dark out--maybe 5 am. I couldn't go back to sleep, no matter how hard I tried. Maybe it was the fact that I was alone with a celebrity in my room. Maybe because I wasn't exactly ready to deal with him. Maybe because he needed taking care of.

I couldn't take it.

~

After a jog in the park, I walked back home, expecting peace and quiet.

All hell broke loose when I set foot inside.

"WHAT THE-? WHO ARE YOU?!" a deep voice yelled, clearly not happy with my presence. I looked up, and a very surprised Nathan Sykes stood in front of me.