What now?

Chapter 20

What now?

ALEX.

"He still hasn't spilled it again." I said, mildly irritated, to Kaylee. She sighed.

"Maybe he's still too scared to tell you?"

I snorted. "That's bullshit. How did he do it last night then?"

"Come on, the guy thought you were asleep."

"Whatever," I replied, gathering my things. "I'm heading to the dorm, then to the airport. Wanna come?"

"What's up?"

"Send-off. They're leaving today."

It's a sad truth. I only get to be with Nathan and the guys for a few happy days, then they leave right after.

Dating a music-maker has its downsides.

"I'll pass," She said politely, returning to her research. "Say hi to them for me."

It was a normal school day after my birthday. Nathan had gone back to the hotel after I had woken up, without so much as a hint of what he said last night.

That was big. I didn't want to assume, which is exactly why I'm waiting for him to say it again.

Well, I can't just wring his neck and yell "Say the damn words, filthy motherfucker!" at him, can I?

Was it really real? Or was I just in a dream that felt real?

No, wait.

I think it was real.

Or not.

Agh. Help me.

Shaking off all thoughts of him, I trudged back to my dorm room and got dressed. The day still isn't over, who knows what could happen?

~

Overcome with exhaustion, I plopped down on an empty airport seat beside Nathan. Looking up from his phone, he glanced at me curiously.

"Well, hello," He greeted. "Where've you been?"

I sighed and ran a hand through my messy hair, trying to make it look presentable. "Well, for one, I snuck out of campus because somehow, they didn't trust me and didn't wanna let me out, then almost all of the taxis were filled, I was lucky enough to take a vacant one. And, the traffic was so downright horrible, I was forced to walk all the way here."

He shrugged. "You just made it in time. We're boarding in an hour."

My shoulders slumped. I wished I could spend more time with him.

He must've noticed, since he smiled at me and pulled me closer.

"Naw, come on, babe. We've been through this a lot of times, haven't we? We'll make it. I promise to make time for you. Cheer up," He reassured me, putting an arm around my shoulder. I leaned in to his chest.

I debated whether or not to ask him about last night. It didn't seem like a good idea, like I'm too desperate.

I fought back the uneasy feeling inside me and decided to keep my mouth shut.

We just sat there, talking about random things until it was time to leave.

"Don't party too hard, okay?" I said, standing in the entrance to the departure area.

He chuckled and gave my hand a reassuring squeeze. "I won't, I promise. I'll be thinking of you. You won't even leave my mind."

He pulled me in for a hug.