Hatching Plans with The Wanted

Chapter 3 

Hatching plans with The Wanted

ALEX.

"Hi, I'm Max." 

"Siva here." 

"How you doing? I'm Jay." 

"My name's Tom."

"Alex, Alex Meyer," I shook hands with the boys, feeling starstruck. Good god, these are fine men.

Nathan rolled his eyes.

"So... Uh, Yeah," Max said, rubbing the back of his neck. "We apologize for Nathan here. We're surprised you're still in one piece. How'd you manage?"

I chuckled. "No, really, it's okay. He was a jerk for half of the day, but in the end, he calmed down. It just took a lot of screaming,"

The guys cringed. Max's eyes widened.

"Yelling, and cussing."

Nathan snickered.

"And thank you for taking him in. He's just a really wild party animal," Jay said.

"Wait, wait," Max interrupted. "You said he was just a jerk for HALF THE DAY. What happened? Usually his attitude remains for the whole day."

Oh. So he was worse here?

"I dunno. After a face-off, he... Uh, he was.. Tamer." I replied.

The guys looked like they found a pot of gold.

"What'd you say? During this 'face-off?'" Tom asked.

"Um..." I stuttered, trying to figure out what part of that argument to tell the boys. "I told him that he was a hopeless case? And that I was forced to take him in?"

Jay scratched the back of his head. "Well, usually, when somebody tells him that, he'll knock his/her lights out. And believe me, he's been told that numerous times."

Oh my god. "Wait, even girls?" I squeaked out.

They nodded. "Especially girls. We had to reign him in. He's lucky those girls were willing to accept his apology." Tom said.

"And that is why we can't believe you're not injured." Siva added.

Nathan looked completely murderous.

"Oh. Okay. So... What else do you wanna know?" I asked, wanting to leave.

Smirks formed on the four boys' faces. It was like they all had the same brain.

"Alex, can we talk to you? IN PRIVATE?" Max said, glancing at Nathan.

He got the hint. Nathan marched away to his room. "Try not to rape her, boys," he said, amusement clear in his voice.

Max rolled his eyes. "Anyway, we were wondering if you'd be willing to do a job for us."

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold up.

4/5 of The Wanted are asking me to do a job for them.

I gulped. "Does it involve a certain jerk we all know?"

Max nodded his head. "Sadly, yes."

Hell to the NO.

"Sorry, no can do. You guys are adorable, really, but I can't--" I began.

"Aw, Alex, come on, please?" Tom pleaded.

"Just hear us out," Max added.

I stared at each one of them. Jay was nodding encouragingly, Siva gave me a thumbs up, whilst Max and Tom pleaded with their eyes.