Riley

Okay, so, I have a problem. I accidentally deleted chapter 11. I'll try to rewrite it, but in the meantime, I'll give you the summary.

In that chapter, Nathan asks Alex for the first time. Alex says she'll think about it. Then, the next day, she misses out on the Skype call because she and Kaylee got lost on the way home from Stanford. Nathan goes out clubbing and ends up wasted.

So that's it. If anyone wants to help me, please message me. I really need your help. Please. )):

~

Chapter 12 

Riley

ALEX.

"Looks like The Wanted's Nathan Sykes is at it again!"

The bubbly presenter on E! News chirped, causing me to choke on a mouthful of blueberry pancakes.

"A source recently spotted Sykes at a local club in Miami, where singer Dionne Bromfield's birthday party was being held. The two hit it off as soon as Sykes passed the heavy metal doors-"

Kaylee shot me a "WTF" look.

"And are seen here dancing and hanging out together. Looks like Sykes has that look on his face. What could be wrong? We talked to Bromfield for more information."

I arched an eyebrow, listening intently.

"'He looked troubled. I have no idea why, he just came. I had no choice, I had to comfort him.'"

A tiny pang of jealousy and regret struck my chest.

"The two have been reportedly good friends, but is this incident going to be the start of something new? Here is a picture of the two sharing a hug before Sykes was escorted out of the club by bandmates Max George and Siva Kaneswaran. Back to you, Ryan."

Kaylee shut off the TV as the picture filled the huge screen. I placed my head on the table, already feeling the tears flooding my eyes.

"Kaylee... Th-this is all my fault."

"Aw, Alex.."

"I-I should've.."

"You know what," Kaylee said, standing up and sitting down beside me. She put her arm around my shoulders. "That's probably just nothing. I know you're jealous, but trust Nathan. You know he's i-"

"I know," I cut in, not wanting to hear it. "No need to say it."

"Then quit crying. Stop being too clingy."

"I'm not! Do you have any idea how hard it is to be away from him?"

"Yes, I do. Now, you have to quit whining, we need an early head start. Your curse might kick in again."

"You drive. I might just crash the car," I sniffled, wiping an escaped tear with the back of my hand.

There was still no calls, not one text.

I stared at the empty screen in my hands.

Then, taking a deep breath, I fumbled for the button at the top and turned it off.

~

NATHAN.

"I can't get through!" I groaned frustratedly.

"I can't blame her. She's probably blaming herself now as we speak." Jay replied, trying to contact Alex as well.

I threw my phone onto the bed. It bounced off and landed on the top of my zipped-up bag.