Out of my league

Chapter 19 

Out of my league

ALEX.

I almost choked on my Starbucks when I saw where Nareesha and Kelsey brought me.

Rodeo Drive.

Streets and streets of designer shops were everywhere.

"Oh my god," I breathed out, running to the nearest store and pressed my face on its window. "Bulgari. Look at that top!"

We poked around in every store, not quite sure what we're looking for.

Then finally, a sea green dress caught my eye. I immediately dashed over to it, checked the price tag, and sighed. If I bought something THIS expensive, my mother would go ballistic. How would I ever pay her back when I'm currently in college and jobless?

But it was too pretty to resist.

It was strapless, with a glittering bodice and a skirt that reached just above my knees. Not too short, not too long.

"It's beautiful," Nareesha commented. "I'll bet it looks amazing on you. Go try it on."

I placed it back on the rack. "No thank you. I don't think I could ever repay-"

"I'm sure your mother would understand. And you're a woman now. She'll be fine," Kelsey said, handing it back to me. "I'll pay for it."

My eyes widened. "But I don't want you to spend money on m-"

"Butts are for sitting. Go try it on."

I sighed and ducked inside the dressing room.

They were right. It was amazing. A perfect fit.

I pulled back the curtain to show them. They squealed.

"You'll take Nath's breath away-" Nareesha said, only to be cut off with Kelsey slapping her arm.

I arched an eyebrow. How could I take his breath away when he isn't even here?

"Oh, yeah, we'll send a picture of you to him. Don't worry, it's nothing." Kelsey said instead, flashing me a nervous smile.

Okay... That was definitely weird.

I'm pretty sure there's something going on.

~

"Oh my gosh," I said breathlessly, looking at the most beautiful pair of shoes resting in its shoebox. "T-this is MINE?"

Nareesha nodded. "Yep. It's your birthday gift. It isn't even going out til next season. Plus, it'll go perfectly with your dress."

I lifted a shoe out.

I almost cried. These are probably the most amazing pair of shoes I would ever own.

It was silver (and of course, it glittered). It had a four-inch heel, and was platform-styled.

I traced over the logo inside. Crisian and McCaffrey.

"Thank you," I said, breathless. "Thank you so much."

I slipped off my Vans and tried it on. How Nareesha knew my size, I don't know.

Kelsey paid for the dress, Nareesha gave me new shoes, and the only way I repay them is paying for lunch. This is fucking ridiculous.

Kelsey's eyes twinkled. "We're off to my favorite makeup store. You're gonna be amazing."

~

"Where are we going?" I asked Kelsey and Nareesha, who were currently guiding me through someplace around the campus.