Boys will be boys

Chapter 13 

Boys will be boys.

ALEX.

"What does he look like?" 

"How tall is he?" 

"Is he smart?" 

"Can he sing?" 

"What color did he wear?" 

"What's his name?" 

"Can he beat Nathan in terms of height, looks and talent?" 

"HEY!" 

"Just asking."

"OKAY GUYS STOP." I cried out, face-palming myself.

I regarded the five faces trying to get on the small iPhone screen at once, bombarding me with questions about... guess who.

Riley.

I sighed. "Logan Lerman, I don't know, Maybe, I don't know and I don't intend to find out, I don't know because I don't care, Riley, and No, because to me, Nath is perfection itself. Are you all happy now?"

They all sat there, stunned, before bursting into hoots and whistles. Nathan's face flushed.

"So... Am I done here?" I said, after a minute of watching them squeal like teenage girls.

Jay grabbed the phone. "No, why are you so keen on leaving us?"

"I'm not, it's just because I'm getting carsick watching you jump around like a kangaroo on steroids, and I don't want to soil my baby."

"Gimme it-" Nathan said as he plucked the phone from his hands. "Yeah, sorry bout that-"

"Don't worry, I'm used to it."

He smiled at me wanly, then ran a hand through his hair. "We miss you a lot."

It was my turn to blush. "Same here. The house feels eerily quiet without you guys popping out of my closet."

"We're coming in soon, no worries."

"And soon is..?"

"Two more months."

I sighed. "Go figure."

"Naw, it's fine. I wish you were here though. The fans are great, the locations..."

"Except I'm not. I'm stuck with hundred-year old professors and a color-coded schedule."

He chuckled. "You'll be fine."

"I'm not so sure about that. I have a short attention span."

"Good luck then."

I chuckled.

Then Tom and Max popped in. "Yo Alex, we'd hate to cut the date, but soundcheck's starting in 5 minutes, and we need to get out there."

Nathan scowled. "Right. Get out, I'll follow soon."

He jerked the phone away from them.

"Bye, Lex. See ya."

"Bye, have a great show guys!"

And with that, the phone screen returned to normal.

~

Thirty minutes after their FaceTime call, I was jolted awake when my phone rang loudly. Hardly awake, I blinked at the screen and tried to see who was calling.

It was an unregistered number.

I turned to Kaylee. "Do you know whose number this is?" I mumbled sleepily, hoping she understood.