chapter forty-two

Start from the beginning

+++

Evie is with Dean while they sit in the Impala outside of the Wallace house. Dean let her sit in the front seat since he isn't driving too soon. They're both binge eating candy and Dean stops, feeling full, while Evie continues.

Dean's phone rings and sees it's Sam before he answers it. "Hey."

"How's it going?" Sam asks.

"Awesome, yeah, I talked with Mrs. Razor Blade again. I've been sitting out in front of her house and I've got a big, steamy pile of nothing." Dean states.

"Look Dean, someone planted those hex bags, someone with access to both houses. There's gotta be some connection." Sam says.

"Yeah, well I hope we find 'em soon cause I'm starting to cramp like a-- son of a bitch." Evie looks up where Dean is looking and sees a blonde teenage girl walking up to the Wallace house.

"Quit whining." Sam tells him.

"No, Sam, I mean, son of a bitch." Dean states.

They watch as the girl knocks on the door and her and Mrs. Wallace talk while the mother hands the teen the baby.

+++

They get back to the motel and Evie slightly trudges, not walking as normal as usual.

"So, our apple bobbing cheerleader?" Sam asks as Dean sits on the bed next to him.

"Tracy." Dean says.

"Mm-hmm." Sam nods.

"The Wallaces' babysitter. Told me she never even heard of Luke Wallace." Dean says.

"Huh, interesting look for a centuries old witch." Sam says.

"Yeah, well, if you were a 600 year old hag and you could pick any costume to come back in, wouldn't you go for a hot cheerleader? I would, hmmm..." Dean gets lost in his thoughts until realizing Sam's staring at him and he is knocked out of them.

"Well, Tracy's not as wholesome as she looks. Did some digging-- apparently she got into a violent altercation with one of her teachers, got suspended from school." Sam says, handing Dean his laptop.

Evie gets on the bed and lays her head on Sam's lap, burying her face in his stomach. Sam looks down at her confused and rubs her back and hair a little. The only times she nuzzles into his stomach is when she doesn't feel good.

"You okay, baby?" Sam quietly asks her, stroking her hair.

"My tummy hurts." Evie complains, placing her hands over her stomach while saying so. Dean grimaces a little, pretending to be extremely interested in the laptop, feeling his younger's brother annoyed look on him.

"I told you to not overdo it, Dean." Sam says.

"Hey, I just put candy on the seat. She could've stopped anytime." Dean says.

"She's 5. She's not gonna stop anytime." Sam says.

"So, what you're saying is this is her fault." Dean says and Sam gives him a bitch face. "Come on, let's go to the school."